A new month in a new year. So much blank slate!
How did I do last year? Let’s check it out.
December 2013 Goals
- Have a monthly mileage record for most miles run since July 2011. – success! I totally had the highest monthly mileage since July 2011. Woo to the hoo!
- Swim 6000 yards to set an annual swimming record (since I started recording in 2008) – success! I swam 7000 yds. I was wrong about that being enough for a record though. In 2010 I swam 60,130 yds, and my 2013 total was only 35,250 – enough to take the #2 spot, but not nearly enough for the #1. I must have been smoking crack a month ago.
- Six yoga sessions to set an annual yoga record – fail…I did only 3 sessions – again, enough to earn a #2 spot, but 3 short of taking #1.
- No sick days – success! I missed no days due to anyone’s illnesses in December.
- Get into that next weight decade (4.5 lbs to go) – fail…I still have 4.5 lbs to go, in fact. I lost 0 lbs in December (I also gained 0 – so win?)
- Stay on top of work task lists – success!
- Send off the holiday packages to the east coast by the 14th of December – success!
- Finish my nanowrimo project (so close!) and move on the next one. – success!
- GAH! All I can think about is napping. That is not a December goal. Also not a goal: not barfing. WAIT! I know, I’m participating in Abvent this year w/ a bunch of other women. I missed day one due to stomach flu, but I will start today and get through the 24 days of abvent! (it’s crunches, reverse crunches & planking…) – fail…I did one day of this, but did not finish.
- Work on the simple carb consumption; I eat too many of these anyway, and with the holidays, it’s easy to get carried away with the desserts – mild success – I didn’t do too badly with this, which probably explains to the 0 weight gain, but did not have a great success which probably explains the 0 lbs lost.
- Have fun at the architect’s holiday party (yes, I have to work at this; fun in social settings does not always come easily) – mild success
- Do something brave – success.
And now – new year! new month!
January 2014 Goals
- Double December’s running mileage
- Regular yoga
- Floss daily (part of my 2014 annual good habit goals)
- Write 25K words on the new project
- Send out two query letters
- Get to Bree for a night at the Prancing Pony
- Get the oil changed in my car
- Read 11 books (9 to go!)
- Engage in my two online courses I’m taking
- Water myself regularly (goal: 48 oz/day)
Yay 2014! Yay January! And, since I haven’t done one of these in a while, yay Bean!