July 2013 Goals
And, right on schedule (9 days late), here is my June recap & July goals! 🙂
June 2013 Goals
- Go to the Zoo with the Bean! – SUCCESS! The Bean and I, along with friends Jen & Penny, hit the Zoo.
- Write every day on 750words.com – FAIL! I did great until the very day I posted this as a goal; that day, I forgot and then just fell off the wagon.
- Keep up with the wheat-free eating (this is in solidarity with the Bean; a detailed post on this Monday) – 87% SUCCESS! I did great until June 28, when I had pizza and beer. I am not sure wheat-free is for me, although it’s definitely working for the Bean.
- Finish the front landscaping – FAIL! I will never finish, NEVER!
- Finalize all DC/NYC travel plans – SUCCESS! Kind of. NYC is off the table now. 🙁
- Buy a bigger tent for our road trip/camping adventure! – SUCCESS! Tent was acquired in advance of the camping trip.
- Have my 2013 workout hours pass my total 2012 workout hours! (That’s right, in the first 6 months of 2013, I will have worked out more than the entirety of last year; I should pass 2011 sometime in late July, and maybe even exceed 2010. Passing 2009 will require some serious work[ing out], but it is doable.) – SUCCESS! On June 30, I surpassed my 2012 workout hours by 24 minutes. Next up – 2011 workout hours (only 32.5 to go! I will get that done sometime in the next month).
- Slowly, oh so slowly, start running again. – SUCCESS! I started with once weekly runs in June, and am ready to move up to 2-3 times/month now.
- Lose the all or nothing attitude. – EHHHH…This is so much a part of who I am that it’s difficult.
- NOT sign up for any races (I have a problem) – SUCCESS! It was touch & go for a while, but I made it all the way through without signing up for anything! Go me!
July 2013 Goals
- Ride my bike to work four times.
- Beat my June swim totals (which was a Gazelle World Record for most yards in a month) of 11,200 (only 9400 to go!)
- Walk with the Bean every Monday – Thursday evening from July 8 – July 31. (1/15 done!)
- Have my highest mileage running month since July 2011 (i.e. the month I discovered I was with Bean) (only 19.75 miles to go!)
- Go camping.
- Cleanse in preparation for the yard sale in August
- Finish 3 more chapters in my A&P book
- Read 5 new books
- Write every day starting today
- Bring my lunch every day starting tomorrow
Follow me on social!