Just a quick check-in. I am trying to resume my more consistent blogging schedule. Now that I have found the best workout time for me (start b/w 5:30 – 6 am), and I getting to work early most days (7:30 am-ish) so that I can go home and maximize time w/ the Bean (karaoke dance party, my house, 5:30 pm on week days!), I’m feeling like my old self again!
I had just convinced myself that would be more productive if I just focused on one thing at a time. Workouts. Work (and one thing at a time there). Mothering. Etc. And then, someone else scooped my brain (but not in a gross way) and wrote a whole post about it yesterday! BUT – it’s working. I am productive.
However, I am also a little strange and have a lot of things rattling around in my head. Nothing interesting enough for a full-blown blog post (although I dictated a whole blog post to my phone last week on my morning commute that references Dr. Seuss’s Pale Green Pants in a roundabout way).
SO – Lists!
Things I have purchased (or considered purchasing) in the last few weeks that make me confused.
- Eyelash curler (i.e. medieval torture-like device thingy that I’m not sure actually does anything but frighten me)
- Flat iron (that I use! With regularity! My hair, especially now that it’s shorter, is no longer stick straight which is confusing)
- Eye makeup palettes
- A new eye makeup brush
- Primer. For my face.
- Hair scuplty stuff
- Round brush (on the list, not yet purchased)
- Curling iron (seriously, I don’t even know who I am anymore)
- More eye makeup brushes, because 2 are not enough
By the time I’m 40, I’ll be a full-fledged girl! Margaret got me started with the fancy shoes almost 10 years ago, and now I’m doing things to my hair and face that take longer than 5 minutes. So weird.
And List #2 –
Songs that are making me feel really old right now
- Beastie Boys: Fight for your Right to Party. Specifically the lyric (that I am typing from memory) “My dad caught me smoking & he said no way, but that hypocrite smokes 2 packs a day.” I just want to sit the Boys down and say, “He’s probably just trying to save you from making the same mistake he did. He’s coming from a place of love!”
- Fun.: We Are Young. Because of the whole staying until the bar closes. Why would I do that? I would rather be home sleeping! (See above getting up early to work out.)
- Bon Jovi: Wanted Dead or Alive. Specifically the lyric that mentions knowing what day it is by the bottle that he drinks. Yeah, sometimes I know what day it is by which pill I take out of my 7-day pill holder thingie (scientific name).
- There were more, but due to my advanced age, I don’t remember!
Anyways – still here. I have a shoe post full of spring trends that will be up next week for Shoesday, and hope to be here more regularly again.