April 2012 Goals
Hi! still no baby! I have started telling people that it was just a very elaborate April Fool’s joke that I’ve been working on for the last 9 freaking months. I am so dedicated to my pranks that I will give up running, Advil, biking, and gin for this joke. ha ha ha ha. Nope. Still just mothereffing pregnant. Not that I’m done with this experience or anything. As I told a friend yesterday (an awesome, wonderful friend who brought me a bag of avocados and lemons fresh off a tree!), every second of this pregnancy has been a magical, wonderful miracle. Every frigging second.
March 2012 Goals
- Get all my budget drafts done at work. – SUCCESS! All the budget stuff was done & in on time! Which is good, because I am pretty much done with this work thing.
- Finish nursery stuff (not much left here). – SUCCESS! The nursery is all ready for the baby! The baby that won’t come out!
- Start writing again, now that I don’t have to spend all my nights doing school stuff – goal is to average 750 wds/day, so a total of 23,250 words written in March. – 15% SUCCESS! I had a really good start, and then stuff just happened, and I got away from the habit again.
- Seriously, for the love of all that’s holy, get these unused, old, junky computers, monitors, and printers OUT! I may need an exorcist at this point. – SUCCESS! Thanks 100% to Heather the Awesome who came & picked up everything and took it away! She is awesome, and I hope her garden blooms beautifully this year as a reward.
- Knit one tiny baby item. I haven’t knitted regularly since starting grad school! –FAIL! I didn’t even bother getting my knitting stuff out of the closet. And you know what? I’m okay with that.
March 2012 Training Goals
- Eleven hours of exercise-related activity (that is an average of 150 minutes/week; recommended for preggos) – 62% SUCCESS! I had no idea how exhausted I would be the last couple weeks of the month – add to that a couple of days of very exciting yet exhausting false labor, not to mention the emotional exhaustion of dealing with my dad’s death, and I did not get out there as much as I’d hoped.
- Five yoga classes, minimum (estimated time: 6.25 hours) – 40% SUCCESS! I only did two. I am so ashamed. (I missed the first due to breastfeeding class, the 2nd due to my car not starting, and the 3rd due to the aforementioned exhausting false labor.)
- Five swims, minimum (estimated time: 3.75 hours) – 100% SUCCESS! And not only did I swim five times, I swam over 4.5 miles! I had two 1 mile swims and 1 2000 yd swim, plus a couple shorter ones. Yay for me!
- One 15-minute upper body weights sessions/week (estimated time: 1 hour) – 0% SUCCESS!I actually forgot about this until right now. Oops!
- One 30-minute walk/week (estimated time: 2 hours) – 0% SUCCESS! I tried to walk as much as possible, but didn’t hit those goals…
Please note that nowhere in my March goals does it say “have a baby.” That is one goal that I never want to have to write FAIL! next to! – So glad I didn’t make this a goal, because as I mentioned, there is no baby. None. Nada.
So – I did pretty well with my regular goals, but not as well with my fitness goals, but also – ginormously pregnant, so I think that’s okay. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself about that, although I really, really, really miss working out. At least I’ve had my weekly swims. That’s been keeping me sane. I don’t know if I’ll be able to swim this week even if I am still sans baby, though. I’d like to – it’s the only time I feel even remotely like myself.
Also – see how cute I am? And plus, I can still outswim lots of non-preggos:
April 2012 Goals
- Have a baby
- Keep baby alive for entire month
- Don’t check work email for 4 weeks post birth
- Drink a Sapphire martini, dry, with olives
- Send out thank you notes to all who need thank you notes.
April 2012 Training Goals
- Ease back in slowly & sensibly.
- Start walking a few days after Alvie is born – just a couple of blocks at a time
- Do not get caught up in training plans or goals
- Make time for myself to move and feel good, even when the baby is all brand new
- Take it slow and listen to my body
Not a whole lot of excess ambition for this month – it’s going to be a weird month. I’ll be having a baby for reals (I’m due tomorrow! EEK!), and then a little bit after that, I’ll be heading back to South D for my dad’s celebration of life service and to stay with my mom for a little while. So – I am just intending on surviving April.