July 2010 Goals
I am LATE with the goals this month. It’s already July 5th! CRAZY!
As per usual, the June wrap-up comes first.
June 2010 Goals
- It is the month of healthy living. Meals will be planned in advance with maximum whole grains, lean protein and fruits and veggies. The architect & I have been kind of over-indulgent of late, and it’s starting to show – moderate SUCCESS! This is one of those areas that will always have room for improvement, I think. I have, however, lost just over 2.5 lbs in the last two weeks & am slowly but surely working on ramping up the fruit & veg intake again.
- Buy the party deck supplies & get a good start on the deck – FAIL! We do, however, have the plans finalized and should hopefully finish the cost estimate soon so we can get started.
- Register for the professional certification courses that I would like to do (in addition to my regular grad school) – FAIL! I am actually going to put this off until fall…so it’s a calculated fail. 🙂
- Post corn chronicles every week (stay tuned for this Wednesday’s edition!) – FAIL! But stay tuned tomorrow for another corn chronicle. Everything is pretty much knee-high by yesterday, so we’re in good shape.
- Host a jam making shin-dig (all those interested, let me know your availability – I can’t do the 19th of June – I think someone’s getting married that day – but I’m available 6/12, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27) – SUCCESS! And it was so much fun. We made strawberry, raspberry & blueberry jams. And they are delicious.
- Attend at least 10 yoga classes and swim at least 9 times. Bike outside 4 times. – pretty much a FAIL! I yoga’d five times, swam five times & biked outside only three times. BOO!
- Get foot surgery scheduled. – SUCCESS! I am having surgery on October 5. Yay?
- Learn to make three new things (I know I want to do English muffins and homemade root beer/ginger ale…not sure what thing #3 will be) – SUCCESS! I made root beer, ginger ale & cream soda; I learned how to make Mexican rice AND my kick-ass neighbor’s awesome green salsa; I also learned how to make saffron rice. It was a rice-y month.
July 2010 Goals
- Eat a minimum of 4 servings of fruit/veg each day (starting July 5, of course)
- Make goat cheese AND cheddar cheese
- Lift weights four times; yoga eight times; ride bike to work once/week; swim once/week
- Redo monthly budget to account for raise (which has been in effect for five days now – all of which have been vacation or holiday days so far; love my raise)
- Finalize cost estimate for deck; purchase supplies
Later this week, there is going to be an exciting contest! Stay tuned!