June 2010 Goals
But first! The May wrap-up.
May was ambitious – TEN WHOLE GOALS! Let’s see how I did (I’m a bit afraid as I don’t think I’ve looked at these since May 1.)
May 2010 Goals
- I will go to three scary things. Thing #1 – a professionals in my field happy hour. Thing #2 – attend the monthly meeting for a committee that I asked to join [at work]. Thing #3 – Toastmasters. Succinct goal – be brave & show up. – 2/3 SUCCESS! I did thing #2 AND thing #3! Go me!
- Continue to ramp up the outdoor bike miles. I am determined to do at least one sprint triathlon this summer – I can run 3 miles – just not a lot more than that. My swimming is going…swimmingly…so I just need some more consistency on the bike. – Ehhhh – I switched to the 60 minute spin class and went on one long ride, as well as some shorter rides. I guess it was better? so SUCCESS!
- For real – YOGA! At least once a week. – complete SUCCESS! I went to five yoga classes in May, and am planning on doubling that in June!
- Find the architect a kick-ass 40th birthday present & throw him a kick-ass 40th birthday party. – I’d call this one a success! I got him an iPad for his birthday AND the party was so much fun!
- Car care – the car is loooong overdue for an oil change (I can’t tell you how long, because it is incredibly embarrassing) & it would be awesome if I could fill it up with gas before the light comes on. A carwash & some new windshield wipers would be nice, too. – FAIL! Mostly. The gas light didn’t come on, but I didn’t get the oil changed OR get it washed. I will this week though. I promise.
- (Oh yeah, I’m a goal maker this month) – do reasonably well (i.e. don’t come in last) at the Open Water Swim that I’m doing later this month. Get in at least one OWS before, so I remember how to swim in a wetsuit & how to not panic when I can’t see the bottom. – half FAIL! I did two Open water swims before the Hagg Lake one, but I didn’t actually go to the swim due to sick.
- Relax about the damn foot already. There’s nothing I can do to change anything, so I might as well just enjoy what I do have. – half SUCCESS! I am getting better at just letting it go. I’m trying to do more yoga & swimming & less running. I was on my feet most of Friday & Saturday, and Damian hasn’t recovered yet. 🙁
- End the month with tomatoes and peppers in the ground – SUCCESS! I planted 3 tomatillos, 17 tomatoes, and 16 peppers on Sunday!
- Continue to make progress on the unnamed goal mentioned in April. – FAIL! June is my month.
- Learn InDesign! – SUCCESS! I have learned it and although I’m certainly not an expert, I have made school assignments with it!
June 2010 Goals
- It is the month of healthy living. Meals will be planned in advance with maximum whole grains, lean protein and fruits and veggies. The architect & I have been kind of over-indulgent of late, and it’s starting to show.
- Buy the party deck supplies & get a good start on the deck.
- Register for the professional certification courses that I would like to do (in addition to my regular grad school)
- Post corn chronicles every week (stay tuned for this Wednesday’s edition!)
- Host a jam making shin-dig (all those interested, let me know your availability – I can’t do the 19th of June – I think someone’s getting married that day – but I’m available 6/12, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27)
- Attend at least 10 yoga classes and swim at least 9 times. Bike outside 4 times.
- Get foot surgery scheduled.
- Learn to make three new things (I know I want to do English muffins and homemade root beer/ginger ale…not sure what thing #3 will be)
Eight goals seems like enough, right?