January 2010 Goals!
I know this is crazy, coming on the heels of my 2010 goals, but I am going to continue to make smaller, monthly goals as well.
But first – to recap December
- Slowly build up the exercise until I’m back in the pre-marathon saddle. – I started to get hear, but was derailed by the cough that wouldn’t die. I am feeling better about my fitness capacity though. Bring on the marathon training!
- Run 76.25 miles (that will give me a 2009 total of 800, which is double my 2008 total) – hmmm….I decided that my health & the ability to run in January was more important than making this goal. I still finished the month over 350 miles more than last year.
- Get all holiday cards & gifts out by 12/13 – More or less! Everything was packaged by then, and was mailed out that week.
- Finish both papers for my current course early (no procrastinating!) – They were both done in a timely manner! Go me!
- During my school break, declutter the kitchen/pantry (if you want some kitchen/pantry stuff, watch facebook for the ‘free shit’ announcements) – hmmm…..not as much as I’d hoped. I spent my school break actually relaxing, which was nice. Plus, I didn’t want to get carried away and not have anything to declutter for my 2010 year-long goal. 🙂
January 2010 Goals
- Eat clean & healthy 85% of the time. Foods should be real foods. Sugar, caffeine & alcohol should be limited. This is the chance to drop a few pounds before marathon training gets started.
- Wash face every night. (I know this is super lame, but I’ve gotten really lax with my face washing, and it’s starting to show. I just need to get back in the habit, and if I write it down, I’ll have to.)
- Practice appropriate stress management. (Appropriate =- baths, yoga, meditation CDs. Inappropriate = drinking a bottle of wine every night, holding up gas stations, kicking kittens.)
- Swim at least four times (once a week).
- Finalize marathon tattoo design & get the tattoo scheduled.