- Finish last two long runs & two taper long runs for marathon; continue to bike & swim 2x/week; have fun with the exercise! – mostly success; the swimming didn’t happen as much as it should’ve. In fact, I only swam ONCE the whole month.
- Take care of the body – nutritionally (visit nutritionist & follow her advice) & physically (two sports massages + PT exercises 3x/week) – Success! I didn’t do the PT exercises 3x/week, but I did follow the massage guy’s advice & do lots of stretching.
- Roll over one orphan IRA (finance) – FAIL! dammit.
- Stay on top of all school work for super intense 4-week writing class (school) – SUCCESS!
- CAMPING! Again! (personal/relationship) – FAIL! Goal 4 took precedence over goal 5.
- Run a marathon. Don’t Die.
- Have a great anniversary. Don’t buy the architect a lame gift, like the one I got him for our 1-year date-a-versary.
- Relax. Be mellow. Start yoga-ing again. Or something. Seriously. Get a grip.
- Get the house all ship-shape, including finally (seriously – it’s been 2.5 years) reupholstering the skanky-ass dining room chairs. It will take one afternoon. For reals.
- Start the de-cluttering. By the end of the month, one room should be sorted for 1) keeps; 2) donation; 3) yard sale (thanks for the inspiration Jeep Girl!)
I knew that adding grad school into the mix was going to add a lot more stress to my life. I didn’t realize that I had a “two stressors at a time” personal limit. With that now known, I think I may have to re-evaluate my race goals through early 2012 (which I finish school). I’m thinking about just giving it all up & getting fat again.