To basically everyone I know.
I have sucked this past month. I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever had a consecutive 30-day period that was this hard on me. The stars aligned to bring me the most stressful month of work, a stressful month of school, and the last month of marathon training all at the same time.
I am fairly certain I did not handle it well.
I am usually pretty reliable & not very flaky, but the combination of stressors (yes, I’m making excuses) have caused that to turn into “usually pretty reliable & not very flaky.”
I like to think that I can deal well with the stressors in my life, and honestly I do okay a lot of the time, but this was not that time.
So – kick ass neighbors + PBR runner/brunchers – so sorry for Sunday. That was super lame of me, and you should all throw (very small) rocks at me. Also kick-ass neighbor the younger, I am mildly sorry about skipping our bike commute this morning, but the extra 1.5 hours of sleep seemed like a good idea at the time.
Anyone that’s called me & not had a call returned (relatives, friends, telemarketers) – I’m sorry ’bout that.
And anyone who now realizes that I can’t hold my liquor the way I could 10 years & 80 lbs ago – sorry to you guys, too. I’m not usually a hot mess!
I am hoping that this time next week, I will be a much more relaxed, stress-free individual who doesn’t have dreams that involve the following (all in one dream).
- Losing my running shoes
- Having a race start 2 hours early
- Having to do the swim portion of a triathlon naked
- Having to skip the bike portion of a tri- to fix a budget spreadsheet with multiple errors
- Having to run to Milwaukee because I missed my plane
- Accidentally pooping my pants right before the marathon
- Getting lost on my way to the start line
- Getting an “F” in my writing course, which was announced by the race director right before the start of the marathon
- Having the architect divorce me at the finish line because I didn’t make my goal time
Between the triathlon, the run to Wisconsin, the marathon, and my subsequent divorce, it was a very busy dream, no wonder I was so tired this morning.
So – please don’t hate me. I promise to be a better friend next week.
And y’all are invited over for Turkey-Day dinner. For reals. Let me know if you’re interested.