New Year’s Resolutions – The Year of the Phoenix (Cissell I)
What’s that? It’s not the new year?
Well it is for me. So there, motherfuckers! Don’t be a hater!
That was probably a little harsh, but I’m ready for a blank slate (no slate can be perfectly blank, I realize that) and I have some goals for the next 12 months.
Henceforth, 8/15 will be known as the beginning of the Cissell Year, a new reckoning of time that will, no doubt, become a reliable astrological something or other.
So, in The Year of the Phoenix (Cissell I), I am going to work on the following 12 things – 1 thing for every month in the year. The theme, based on the fact that it’s The Year of the Phoenix (Cissell I) is rebirth and growth.
I am going to need some help to achieve all the goals, but I am feeling so freaking positive right now, it’s ridiculous.
- Feel comfortable in new job by my birthday (2/24 in case you need time to plan your celebratory activities)
- Publish five books & 1 novella by the end of the Year (8/14/19)
- Find three new clients for the editing business I share with the Beer Guy
- Get married
- Have the most awesome honeymoon ever
- Find a physical activity I super enjoy and do it regularly for fun (preferably trail running)
- Develop a regular at-home yoga practice
- Stay meds compliant. I’ve never managed to be compliant for more than 6-8 months. I’m currently, as of New Year’s Day, five months in on my current medication. There will be the added challenge of switching providers and insurance.
- Find two really good pairs of jeans.
- Learn to appreciate massages.
- Become more comfortable with self promotion (preorder Oracle Bay #1! Buy sale copies of Eleanor Morgan paperbacks!)
- Develop an elaborate framework for the Cissell calendar and Cissell astrology.
Do you have any