Gotta Have Goals (November 2017)
Yeah, maybe it’s the middle of November almost, but bite me. The last two weeks have been wicked hard. The stress of being mid-divorce and facing unemployment have nothing on the stress of watching your child suffer* and not be able to help.
So, I’m a little behind on a lot of things. I have book reviews to write/publish for Mel Sterling as well as for Lit Buzz and a few others.
I am so fucking far behind on NaNoWriMo, which is unfortunate – not because I particularly care about winning (although this is the first year I didn’t buy my winner’s shirt in advance, and that’s probably why I’m not doing well), but because I do care about finishing Eleanor #4 and getting the beta-reading and editing process moving.
I am, fortunately, not behind on my editing projects.
I am super far behind on sleep, and as such have just been randomly falling asleep lately.
BUT – I have goals for this month (and a brief report on how I did in October).
- I signed up for a thanksgiving 5K. My goal – to finish it without hating myself, whatever that means for me that day. – Ummm – I don’t even know why this was an October goal. Thanksgiving is totally this month.
- I need to be mostly done with Eleanor book 4 by the end of the month. – Oops. Not even close. Not even half.
- Stay on top of book marketing and don’t back out because of “hard” or “fear.” – Not bad for a newbie!
- Find a way to forgive everyone who made me angry cry today due to the colossal fuck-up that happened with my Bean’s after-school care situation. Note: this might be the hardest. Note 2: I think everything’s figured out. It was only two hours of Wednesday panic on my part. – This is so in that past. SUCCESS!
- Continue to eat 3x/day and get to bed by 11 on work nights. Work on popping out of bed a little faster in the morning. Meditate (with the bean). Moisturize. Self-care. – Eating = SUCCESS! Bed time = FAIL! Meditation & Moisturize & Self-Care = FAIL!
So – not that great.
- Hit 90K words on Eleanor 4
- Finish all editing projects on time
- Find one new editing client
- Move 30 minutes every day
- Find a way to be present and let go of stress before I have a nervous breakdown
*Bean is okay. We are all okay. But sometimes life is hard, yo.