You guys! It’s January 1, 2015. I had some great goals for the past year and want to share how that went.
- Be a hermit – SUCCESS! I was definitely a bit of a homebody this year
- But not too much – SUCCESS! I didn’t always stay in, so that was good
- Edit book 1 in the series – half SUCCESS! I made a good start, but have a ways to go
- End the year lighter than I started it – SUCCESS!
- Enjoy the moments – SUCCESS! For the most part, anyway!
- Get something published for money – fail…I did get rejected, though, so that means that I tried!
- Get to Mordor – not quite – but I made it 1350 miles!
- Learn a new skill – hmmm…I don’t know if it’s NEW, but I really feel like I did a lot of new things
- Make a new friend – SUCCESS! Not only did I fall in with the most awesome online tribe of women (BAWG!), one of whom I even got to meet IRL, I also made two new local friends (BAT writers!)
- No unjustifiable purchases (do I need it, how will I feel about this purchase in 1 week/month/year?) – ehhhh…this could be better.
- Read 125 new books – SUCCESS! I read 134 new books (does not count re-reads…maybe I’ll count those this year and see how many that is…)
- Run for fun – half SUCCESS! I had a rough year with the running, but I had some wonderfully fun trail runs in February and March.
- Start six new, good habits – ehhh…I decided that this is too specific to be successful. I’m mostly good.
- Write book 2 in the series – SUCCESS! I finished the second book over the summer.
My bonus resolution was to develop a taste for Irish whiskey. Although I wouldn’t call this an unmitigated success, I no longer make this face when drinking my Tullamore Dew:
And now – with that awesome year drawing to a close, what kind of crazy shenanigans am I going to get up to this year?
- Blog more.
- Finish book the third
- Edit (for realsies) book the first
- Do better at sticking to the budget
- Exercise more
- Meal plan more
- YOGA BUTT!
- Read 150 new books
- Remember to enjoy the journey
- Learn better ways to manage work stress (meditation? yoga butt?)
- Get the rest of the way to Mordor and a good portion of the way back home
I’m very excited for this year. I have one big goal (that relates to goals 5 & 9) in 254 days. It’s going to be a lot of work but will end up being completely awesome. In the meantime, I’m going to spend a lot of time channeling my inner badass.
I might even have to borrow Alvie’s sword.
I’m wishing everyone a year full of fabulousness.