I am still recovering from teh sick! And the bike accident I didn’t tell you about. (I am okay, obviously…but I did get a lovely collection of bruises AND a new helmet.)
I am sooooooo tired. I need to go to bed earlier, methinks! When the alarm goes off at 4:30, one should really be asleep before 10.
I have lost 75% of the weight I gained during my pregnancy. Considering how much weight that was, I am feeling good about that. However, in thinking back to what I ate yesterday, I think I know why the weight loss has slowed down. Since I am not training for 10ish hours a week, I should probably stop eating like I’m training for an Ironman or something. There were 3 (THREE!) croissant food items in various forms yesterday. That is like 2000 calories just there! (I made that up, it’s probably more. I don’t know.)
One of my favorite internet people does a “what I ate” Wednesday, where each Wednesday she presents lovely photos of all the foods she ate the day before, as well as an awesome recipe for one of those foods. She is awesome. I am not that awesome for a couple of reasons.
- I take crap photos
- My made up recipes are not very healthy. It’s the cheese. I put cheese in everything.
BUT – I want to do that, too because (a) I am a sheep and (b) I really need to track my eating once/week and showing the internets what I ate will be a good motivation to not put three (seriously – THREE) croissant-like items in my pie-hole.
5 am – large coffee w/ vanilla soymilk
7 am – med. skim hazelnut latte
7:30 am – marionberry & cream cheese croissant puff thing that also may have contained crack
10:30 am – plain croissant
1 pm – ham & swiss (on croissant! WTF?)
4 pm – beer x2 to celebrate some exceptionally good news
8 pm – enchiladas of my own devising (see below for recipe of simplisticness)
8:30 pm – 2 dark chocolate kisses; 1 glass of fresca
Hmmm – wonder why these last ellbees aren’t falling off? I couldn’t tell you.
In terms of exercise, I did walk almost 5.5 miles yesterday, so yay!
Simple & Fast (but not so healthy) enchiladas
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack, because that’s what I had in the house)
- 1 small can of enchilada sauce (although I usually just use homemade salsa verde)
- Heat oven to 350*
- Spray 9×13 pan w/ olive oil spray
- Mix beans w/ 2 TB of enchilada sauce; heat until spreadable
- Cook tortillas on hot grill (no oil) until flexible
- Fill each tortilla with a bit o’ the bean mixture, a TB of shredded cheese, and then roll up & put in pan
- When all tortillas are filled, rolled, and placed, pour remaining sauce over top of tortillas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with olives
- If I’d been thinking last night, I would have also topped with lots of chopped tomatoes, as I have tons right now
- ANYWAY – bake for 20 minutes
Serve – makes 4ish servings with 3 tiny enchiladas/serving.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||10.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||49.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.6 g|
The sodium would be WAAAY cut back if you used homemade refried beans (not hard!) and homemade sauce (also easy!), but I was lazy, so there you go.
(Also, I would usually serve with a dollop of fat free sour cream, but I was too busy giving my baby sweet potatoes to remember such things. He loves those yams.)
Today – more lattes but fewer croissants! That’s my motto.