- I am generally a very happy person. I tend towards cheeriness. Not annoyingly so (I hope), but I typically believe that everything will work out for the best as long as you work towards a goal with that belief in mind. This year has been a challenge for cheerful gazelles. As a stark contrast to my innate happiness, when something does not work out for the best, I tend to place a lot of blame on myself (see aforementioned “work towards a goal believing things will work out”). I am having a little trouble maintaining my cheery centered self lately. I know balance will return when I get back to a routine (I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE a routine; surprisingly, my son seems to be the same way) (I have a son– how weird is that?). Right now, I’m just having a bit of trouble remembering that.
- Speaking of routine – I am having trouble with my workout routine. Surprisingly (ha!) it is harder to maintain a routine when working 9 hrs/day; commuting 1.5 hrs/day; and taking care of a baby. I know I’ll get it figured out, but I’d like to get it figured out NOW, please. My current schedule:
- 5 am – get up; feed baby; get ready for work
- 6 am – leave for work
- 6:45 am – work!
- pump 2-3 times at work (this is another entire post, but this is not working as well for me as a girl might hope)
- 3:45 pm – leave work
- 4:30 pm – pick up Alvie Bean! feed the baby
- 5:30 pm – play with the baby
- 7:00 pm – start bedtime routine: bath, diaper & pjs, food, story, kisses
- 8:00 pm – dinner
- 10:00 pm – pump
- 11:00 pm – bed
I have plenty of time to exercise on Friday – Sunday, it’s just Monday – Thursday that are stymieing me. Suggestions? Help? I suppose I could just fit 7-8 hrs of workouts in on my 3-day weekends, but that seems insane. 🙂 I did manage to swim yesterday (Wednesday) morning, but as a result, didn’t get to work until 7:45 am. I cannot sleep less. 6 hours is my bare minimum now. I suppose I could fit something in after Alvie Bean goes to bed, but honestly, by 8 pm I’m pretty exhausted. ACK!
- I also need to revamp my eating. I am not that hungry most of the time, and often forget to eat. This leads to weird bouts of hunger where I’ll eat whatever is closest: cake, cheese, cats, baby thighs. I need healthy snacks full of vegetables and protein.
Sorry about my angsty whinging. I’ll be back to my normal cheery self again. Plus, if I need LOTS of cheer, all I need to do is look at this: