June (ALREADY!) 2012 Goals AND weekly training goals
I am so goal oriented. This comes as a surprise to…well…no one.
So – recaps of the monthly goals first:
May 2012 Goals
- Work – but no more than 36 hours on work stuff – SUCCESS! I did some work, but did not exceed 36 hours! I did a total of about 10 hours.
- Finish up thank you cards – SUCCESS! All thank you cards (with the exception of the one for the gift I got earlier this week) have been done and mailed. If you sent a gift & did not get a card, please, please, please let me know.
- Get the baby book up-to-date – SUCCESS! Mostly. The baby book is much more up-to-date than before, although I know it will be a work in progress.
- Get the garden in – SUCCESS! The garden is 100% planted! Yay!
- Determine book storage solution – between my current books and the books my mom is bringing out in August, I am seriously deficient in storage space, and am currently storing them double-stacked and under my bed. I need to do something different. – FAIL! I’ve no idea what to do with the plethora of books I have and am anticipating having. I have some idea with what to do with the baby’s books (due to inspiration from the great Emily), but not mine. The architect will not let me install floor to ceiling book shelves on every available wall. Not sure why.
May 2012 Training Goals
- First swim post baby! – SUCCESS!I swam 3 times in May! (1000 yds, 1200 yds, and 1500 yds – and it was good.)
- Return to yoga (again, any time after 5/20) – SUCCESS! Kind of. I went to one yoga class, and did one yoga session at home. I will do better in June.
- Start C25K on 5/31 – FAIL! But only a little. I worked yesterday after my appt that gave me the all-clear to run, so I’m starting today instead! Yay! and with super pregnant running buddy Jen! We will look so awesome and hard core.
- Make half marathon training plan (11/3 is the trail half marathon I’m planning on) – SUCCESS! The plan is made, and it looks insane. I am not posting it here, but basically the plan is to do the C25K for the next 9 weeks, plus swim a couple of times a week, bike once a week until I go back to work, and then start biking to work one day a week in August (the architect will be in charge of the baby on that day), plus random yoga-ness AND my P90X that I’m starting on Monday. HOWEVER, in the interest of sanity, I give myself per,mission to skip any workouts. Not just permission – but the directive that I will skip any workout that is necessary for my health or sanity.
- Continue to be slow and sensible – absolutely do NOT over-extend. (That means that I don’t need to swim a mile in my first post-baby swim, even if I was swimming a mile at almost 40 weeks pregnant…SLOW!) – SUCCESS! I have been going slow, I think. Taking unscheduled rest days when I think my body needs it.
Overall – a super successful May! Go me! (Also I did achieve one of my April Goals last night for a goal-achieving bonus:
June 2012 Goals
- Get Alvie enrolled in daycare (and feel good about our choice)
- Get all shelves hung in the baby’s room
- Play piano (now that I can reach the keyboard again) 30 min/day (on average)
- Get one landscaping project done (I have 4 big ones: (a) replace the north-side hedge with native trees, shrubs, flowers, and ground-cover – easily the most ambitious project; (b) rain garden; (c) remove south side bamboo and grass and put in berry bushes, native wildflowers, and herb garden; and (d) remove front bamboo, clean up front perennial beds, and put in the river rock paths.). I am thinking that I will take on project C first.
- Nom on delicious baby cheeks as much as possible for the next month when I have him to myself all day, every day!
June 2012 Training Goals
- Complete weeks 1-4 of C25K
- P90X – as much as possible
- Get back on the bike!
- Workout 20 hours
- Continue to be slow and sensible – take rest days when needed (do not push self to injury! that would suck!)
And now for the weekly training goals:
Training Goals – 5/25/12 – 5/31/12
Friday: Walk 1 mile + – SUCCESS!
Saturday: Swim 1200 yds- SUCCESS!
Sunday: Yoga- FAIL! Instead I gardened for almost 2 hours
Monday: Walk/hike – forest park (2 miles)- FAIL! Rest day due to gardening soreness
Tuesday: Walk 2 miles- FAIL! Laziness! Oops!
Wednesday: Swim 1200 yds- SUCCESS! Plus I added in yesterday’s walk, although I did only go 1.5 miles (there were hills, though!)
Thursday: Rest- SUCCESS!
Total goal mileage: 5 miles – not quite; only 50% SUCCESS!. 🙁
Total goal other: 2 hours – – SUCCESS! and beyond! I did almost 3 hours of non walking activity!
Training Goals – 6/1/12 – 6/7/12
Friday: C25K W1D1
Saturday: Swim 1500 yds
Sunday: C25K W1D2 + Yoga
Monday: P90X Day 1
Tuesday: P90X Day 2 + C25K W1D3
Wednesday:P90X Day 3 + Swim 1800 yds
Thursday: P90X Day 4
I know that’s super ambitious, but like I said – I have permission to take any rest days necessary. This is pretty intense, and I am very committed to exercising more, and if that means avoiding an injury that will bench me for a week (or more!) I am going to skip workouts.