March 2012 Goals
Let’s look back at February, though, shall we? I hope I did better than January – that month just kind of sucked.
February 2012 Goals
- Finish grad school! YAY! – SUCCESS! I am finished! Yay! I even received my official finisher’s sweatshirt yesterday (just like a race – fancy!)
- Find a daycare for Alvie Bean starting in July! – SUCCESS! More or less – I am touring one more next week (3/9), but I think we’ve found the one we’re going with – for now.
- Purchase and install shelves/storage for Alvie Bean’s room. – SUCCESS! We have storage drawers, and they are full of twee little clothes!
- Clean out the office and make it more office-y, and less “place where junk goes to die” – half SUCCESS! The office is definitely cleaner and more officey; there’s still some work to be done, though.
- Finalize baby prep lists – SUCCESS! I have all my prep lists done; both for home AND work…and should actually get my lists 100% checked off by 3/15! Yay!
February 2012 Training Goals
- Fifteen hours of exercise-related activity (total tallied below: 15.5 hours) – 60% SUCCESS! I only hit ~9 hours. SHAME!
- Six yoga classes, minimum (estimated time: 7.5 hours) – 83% SUCCESS! I did 5 yoga classes; 5.75 hrs
- Five swims, minimum (estimated time: 3.75 hours) – 80% SUCCESS! I only swam 4 times; 2.3 hrs
- Two 15-minute upper body weights sessions/week (estimated time: 2.25 hours) – FAIL! I didn’t do any weights in Feb! BOO!
- Four visits to the fitness center for 30 minutes of cardio (estimated time: 2 hours) – FAIL! I didn’t hit the fitness center even once! BOO!
Overall – a decent month. I didn’t do as well as I’d hoped with my fitness goals, but I’m still minorly active, and am claiming that as a win (especially after last night’s kick-ass 1500 yd swim, in which I hit 1000 yds about 5 minutes sooner than in my previous swim, even though I was doing shorter sets with longer breaks! Yay!)
March 2012 Goals
- Get all my budget drafts done at work.
- Finish nursery stuff (not much left here).
- Start writing again, now that I don’t have to spend all my nights doing school stuff – goal is to average 750 wds/day, so a total of 23,250 words written in March.
- Seriously, for the love of all that’s holy, get these unused, old, junky computers, monitors, and printers OUT! I may need an exorcist at this point.
- Knit one tiny baby item. I haven’t knitted regularly since starting grad school!
March 2012 Training Goals
- Eleven hours of exercise-related activity (that is an average of 150 minutes/week; recommended for preggos)
- Five yoga classes, minimum (estimated time: 6.25 hours)
- Five swims, minimum (estimated time: 3.75 hours)
- One 15-minute upper body weights sessions/week (estimated time: 1 hour)
- One 30-minute walk/week (estimated time: 2 hours)
Please note that nowhere in my March goals does it say “have a baby.” That is one goal that I never want to have to write FAIL! next to!
I hope your March is awesome!