Happy birthday to me! Weekend of 35 things

Today I am 35 years old. I am now officially geriatric – at least in terms of my pregnancy. (You would not believe how much pressure the perinatology department put on me to have all the extra genetic testing done because I’d be geriatric when I gave birth…I mean, if I had been due yesterday, I would’ve been fine; but 5.5 weeks from now? Clearly my genetic material is going down a long, steep hill between now & then. Also, I hate everything about every interaction I’ve had with the perinatology department at my hospital, but that’s a post for another time never.)

So – since I am now 35 years old, ~35 weeks pregnant, and have ~35 days left until my due date – I declare this the weekend of 35 things. If I were not extremely pregnant, I would do something athletic, like run a bunch of miles (maybe even 35!) or bike 35 miles (great suggestion, John, but, uh…no).

So, I am going to do 35 thing in the next 3 days.

1. Eat pancakes for breakfast
  2. Delicious dinner
  3. Cake!
  4. Yoga
  5. Take a nap
  6. Walk (possibly 35 minutes!)
  7. Put on pants (this will be a harder one)
  8. Watch a few episodes of Vampire Diaries
  9. Play a little Dragon Age
  10. Take a nap
  11. Read some trashy vampire novels
  12. Cuddle with the cats
  13. Hang out with the architect
  14. Do some laundry
  15. Take a nap
  16. Make cupcakes
  17. Install the carseat
  18. Make a pillow fort
  19. Watch the Academy Awards (this may or may not happen)
  20. Take a nap
  21. Recline on the couch
  22. Drive out to the gorge for nature looking & lunch
  23. Another yoga session
  24. Sniff some gin longingly
  25. Take a nap
  26. Sip a Double Mountain IRA
  27. Listen to 35 of the 69 love songs
  28. Soak up some vitamin D
  29. Grilled Cheese Food Cart!
  30. Take a nap
  31. Purchase the bathroom accessories so the bathroom can finally be finished!
  32. Hydrate!
  33. Have some ice cream (perhaps in Blizzard form!)
  34. Have fun, stay relaxed, and be happy
  35. Take a nap

Homemade birthday pancakes with caramelized butterscotch

Happy my birthday, everyone!

• bobbi
    February 24, 2012 - 9:21 am ·

Happy happy birthday!! You realize you have a whole week of naps in there, right? 😉

Wishing you an incredible year of happiness!

February 24, 2012 - 9:32 am ·

Happy happy birthday to my friend–the gazelle!

Haha, run 35 miles, that sounds HORRRRRRRIBLE!

Meditate for 35 minutes sounds much more pleasant.

Ooh vampire diaries, I saw that on Netflix on demand, is it good???? Please say yes, I need a new show that is on Netflix streaming.

February 24, 2012 - 9:38 am ·

I wouldn’t say “good,” but I totally watched the entirety of seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix, and then bought most of season 3 to watch on Amazon so that I could catch up with this season. So – not good, but definitely addictive. 🙂

• Alisha
    February 24, 2012 - 10:39 am ·

Sounds so lovely and relaxing–Happy birthday 🙂 And the hell with them calling you geriatric! It’s not 1940.

• krsiten
    February 25, 2012 - 8:11 am ·

Happy Birthday!! I can’t believe they are pressuring you. My midwives are totally chill about it all. I was the one who brought it up, they were like – eh, this is par for the course now days.

February 25, 2012 - 12:06 pm ·

My midwives are cool; it’s just the stupid peri-natology dept – they suck ever so much. I have never had a good experience with them!

February 27, 2012 - 7:47 am ·

Happy birthday again! Kelley was past her 35th birthday when our Evil Genius was born so she got all of the same crap. It’s just as bad when it’s your second kid. We totally hated those doctors too. They treated us like cattle.

You could try swimming 35 laps? More feasible?