The Twelve Days of Gazelle-mas: Day 9 (December Review/January Goals)
Today I am headed to the coast with a bunch of friends for a lovely New Year’s weekend. There will be running and yoga and games and food (and likely booze). So – today’s, tomorrow’s, and Monday’s posts were written ahead of time. You shouldn’t notice too much of a difference, I hope.
Let’s look back at December, shall we?
December 2011 Goals
- Finish the first half of my capstone STRONG! – SUCCESS! I totally made it through the first half, sanity seemingly intact.
- Find a daycare for Alvie Bean starting in July! – FAIL! This is a must-do for January.
- Enjoy the holidays with a minimum of stress and a maximum of fun! (So many exciting things coming up!) – SUCCESS! Such a great month, not too much stress, and a good deal of relaxation.
- Purchase and install shelves/storage for Alvie Bean’s room. – FAIL! I did not get to the shelves; although the closet is cleaned out & ready for them.
- Clean out the office and make it more office-y, and less “place where junk goes to die” – half SUCCESS! I figured out what needs to go & where it will be going; just need the architect to help me out with the moving stuff about part of the plan.
December 2011 Training Goals
- Fifteen hours of exercise-related activity. – SUCCESS! Provided that I get my hour of exercise in today, I will hit 15 hours for December! Yay, me!
- A minimum of five yoga classes – SUCCESS! Six (or seven – depending on what I do today) classes, done!
- Finish my December race. That’s all I want. A finish time. – FAIL! I did not do the race. I think that was really the best decision.
- Fifty miles on the bike (again, minimum) – FAIL! I did not spend as much time on the bike as I meant to.
- Convince Alvie Bean that we really do like swimming. (I actually can’t tell if he hates it, or likes it so much that he tries to swim along…either way, it is not the awesome pregnancy workout that I would prefer) – SUCCESS! Such a great swim yesterday; the best since my 1st trimester, honestly. I think that now that my belly is all popped out, everyone is more comfortable in the water. I am really looking forward to my next swim!
January 2012 Goals
- Find a daycare for Alvie Bean starting in July!
- Purchase and install shelves/storage for Alvie Bean’s room.
- Clean out the office and make it more office-y, and less “place where junk goes to die”
- Minimize work/school stress through the gratuitous use of meditation (oops – typed medication the first time; not the same thing), yoga, and other exercise.
January 2012 Training Goals
- Fifteen hours of exercise-related activity.
- A minimum of five yoga classes
- Average one swim/week
- Average one bike/week
- One walk with the architect every weekend
On the ninth day of gazellemas, Amy gave to me:
Nine goals a-making
Eight hours a-sleeping
Seven miles a-cycling
Six yogis posing
FIVE PAIRS OF SHOES!
three lazy cats,
two empty boxes, and
A Pooh Bear outfit, adorable and twee!