Waaaay back in January, I made some goals for the year. Now that we’re (gasp!) half way through 2011, I thought I’d check in and see how I’m doing.
- Run a half marathon by the end of June. – FAIL! My first half marathon will be 4 days after the end of June. Actually, that’s not too bad. I think I’ll take it as a SUCCESS! instead. 🙂
- Read 52 non-paranormal romance books, including at least 12 from my Nobel Prize list. – hmmm….need to step this up a bit. Including school books, I’ve read 17 non paranormal romance books so far, and only one from the Nobel Prize list.
- SIRASANA! With no wall support. – I did do this, albeit for only about 20 seconds. I’m not ready to call it a success yet, though.
- Take fencing classes. – I have decided to put this on hold until next year after I finish grad school. The new job stuff just made this an unrealistic thing to add to my list for the year.
- Achieve contentment with my body (which may be a combination of weight loss and muscle gain) – in progress. 🙂
- Take a few risks that may lead to happiness – the things I had in mind specifically when I wrote this will not happen, but that’s due to changes I had no control over. We’ll see how I feel in another few months.
- Secret Goal that I don’t want to talk about – this is also on hold, due to the change in job situation, but I still have plans for this soon!
Finalize my capstone paper topic and get ready to finish grad school!– I have finalized my capstone topic, and will start the process on 10/31/11, so SUCCESS!
- 5K PR – not yet; we’ll see.
- Successful cheddar cheese! – I have cheddar made that will be waxed this weekend. Another 4 months & I’ll know how this goal went.
- Eliminate all non-mortgage & non-student loan debt. – I will be pretty close to a success on this by the end of the year I think. I’ve made some good progress!