OMG, you guys! I haven’t even looked at the March goals since, well, March 1. I am a little scared to see the level of fail that will be in them.
Let’s look, though, shall we?
March 2011 Goals
- Lose 3-4 lbs (This will be a goal every month until I reach my eventual goal of 20 lbs total) – well, I’ll be honest. FAIL. But nothing gained. Perhaps my crappy diet & (lack of) exercise plan are to blame?
- Run my first race in 11 months (ZOMG!) in under 30 minutes. – FAIL! I did run my first race, but it was 32:45…booo!
- Weights/Yoga/Swim/Bike – 16x this month (with my 15 planned runs, that should be an average of a work/day) – FAIL! ha ha ha ha ha…seriously. 3x. Two yoga classes & one bike. PATHETIC! What did I do on my week off?
- Get early stuff planted & the initial long-term site plan started – half SUCCESS! The garden has been cleared (mostly) and is ready to plant. The long-term site plan is underway, as is the final plan for this year’s growing bits.
- Make bacon. – Finally! SUCCESS! The bacon is made & is nearly ready to go to the smoker that I’m planning on using at my neighbors’ house!
- Finish guest room fancifying – FAIL! Really? I couldn’t even buy new sheets on my week off? WTF?
- Upstairs storage solutions DONE – FAIL! I don’t even know? It’s not like I even finally finished Dragon Age (my personal prerequisite before purchasing Dragon Age II). Can you say LAZY?
- Make cheese – I am going to re-try the cheddar & make some queso blanco. And, if I feel fancy, I want to try feta. – Due to the combination of 1) no dairy & 2) extreme laze, I only made chevre (which isn’t cow dairy, so in my mind it doesn’t count). But still, SUCCESS!
- Meditate 20 days for a MINIMUM of 10 minutes per day. – FAIL! ha ha ha – I meditated on three days. That’s an average of two minutes a day. None of those days were during my vacation.
- Get my awesome new prints framed & hung in the kitchen – FAIL! damn! Talk about month of fail! I wish I’d including making mustard in my goal list – I did get that done. Or perhaps I should’ve included “starting the dishwasher,” ’cause I did that once, too. Hopefully, April will be a wee bit better.
March 30 day challenge
I will take one picture every day & upload it to my Flickr site. Feel free to ignore the pope placeholder pic. Unless you don’t want to.
I did pretty good with this – not perfect, though. I took pics on 20 of 31 days. I’m actually going to repeat this goal for April, until I get it down!
March Training in Review
I completed the C25K, and logged a total of 21.85 miles of running – down from last month, but no walking this month! Also, I did my 5K, so that’s cool.
I biked once (pathetic) for a total of 6.69 miles
I swam not even once. BUT it’s on in April, with the OWS season & tri training starting!
I attended 2 yoga classes, lifted weights never, and pretty much lazed around. I did hoe for a couple of hours doing garden prep, and that was a killer workout.
Total hours – 6.5. That actually used to be a lowish weekly total. I am ashamed.
BUT – let’s think positive. Looking forward, not back…
April 2011 Goals
- Lose 3-4 lbs (This will be a goal every month until I reach my eventual goal of 20 lbs total – 4 down, 16 to go!)
- Finish my 10K faster than last year’s time.
- Make first steps towards Audubon site certification
- Make sausage
- Finish guest room fancifying
- Upstairs storage solutions
- Make cheddar & goat feta.
- Get my awesome new prints framed & hung in the kitchen
- Find graphic designer to help with a secret project
- Follow the budget to the letter! (number?)
April 30 day challenge
I will take one picture every day & upload it to my Flickr site. These will show up in the sidebar! In addition, I would like to redo January’s challenge – the month of no extraneous spending! Go me!
(Coming up in May – 31 postcards will be mailed out – if you are interested in being a recipient, send me your snail mail address – gazellesoncrack (at) gmail!)
April Training Goals
- Weights/Yoga/Swim/Bike – 16x this month
- Run 50 miles
- Two OWS, minimum
- Push-ups every week
- 20 hours of exercise