But, as always, first my October recap.
October 2010 Goals (the recap)
- Do not die during my 10K on Sunday. – SUCCESS! I am still alive! And I finished the whole 10Ks (with a little help from my friends.)
- Do not die during surgery. – SUCCESS! Once again, came through completely alive.
- Do not die during recovery. – SUCCESS! Although there were a few times I wished I was dead, so far, I am nearly 4 weeks into recovery, and am alive.
- Throw the ass-kicking-est Spooktacular Halloween costume party ever. (And, of course, do not die whilst doing so.) – SUCCESS! The party was rockin’. Although if I ever try to plan a party when I’m not 100% mobile again, someone should knock some sense into me.
- Don’t the the voices in my head get me down.My goal is to stay as positive as possible. – half SUCCESS! I did pretty well most of the time, I think. There was a lot more pain than I anticipated, which was awful. There is a lot of frustration with not being able to do the simplest things (like carry a full beverage). BUT, overall, I think I’ve done a decent job maintaining my positive attitude, in the midst of pain, frustration, and the shortening daylight hours.
November 2010 Goals
- Get the boot off (November 16)
- Be walking normally by the end of November
- Finish all holiday shopping
- Get back to regular gym visits
- Stay on this healthy eating track that I’ve been doing. I’ve been so good at eating when hungry & stopping when not. I’ve lost weight since surgery, although it’s hard to know how much, since it’s hard to weigh my self balancing on one leg.