Stuff I want: happy birthday to me: part 3 (home & garden)
1. Oven-safe skillet. At least once every couple of weeks, I curse at all my skillets because they are not oven safe. I know it’s not technically their fault, since I am the one who purchased them, not realizing that I NEEDED to put them in the oven – but last night’s frittata would’ve been so much better if I could’ve finished it in the oven. (Also, using less cheese and having the right number of eggs might have helped a bit, too.)
2. Kitchen Aid mixer. You have no idea how much I want one of these. SO PRETTY! So handy! And did I mention pretty? I am torn between wanting the red one (pretty!) or the persimmon one (would match my walls!) or the black one (would match the rest of my appliances). If only it were just the color choice that was holding me back….alas, some of my hesitation is the price.
3. Electric griddle. I need this! For important pancake and lefse making events! Ooooh – and tortillas!
4. Food mill. No, seriously! Last fall, I was saddened on so many occasions that I did not have one of these. Essential, really, for the serious canner! Great for apple sauces and marinara sauces! YUM!
5. Food scale. I used to have a food scale, and it was a wonderful thing. But then, it died a sad, sad death and I haven’t yet replaced it.
6. Spice rack! I am not entirely certain why this item gets an exclamation point, but it does! Right now my spices are all jumbled up in a cupboard, and you can’t see more than a couple of jars at the same time. This is so elegant! and handy!
7. Wireless weather station. I love stuff like this! And since I no longer have the Weather Channel (and by no longer, I mean I haven’t had cable since college except for a brief 9 month period when we lived in an apartment with cable included), I need this! And look: a little man tells me how to dress for the weather! Perfect!
8. Electric tiller. My garden grows every year, and it is hard to cultivate all that dirt with my hoe! (Although I got a fantastic new hoe for Christmas, which should make that somewhat easier!) This is expensive, but would be used a LOT.
8. Germination Station. This year, I want to grow my own tomatoes & peppers from seeds (usually I buy starts), and think this would help me out immensely! Also, it’s cute 🙂
10. Greenhouse. I covet this! So, if you have an extra $550 to spend & really, really wanted to buy me something, I would love it if you’d get me one of these. I would love to have it available all winter for greens! And maybe even tomatoes! I would share my produce with you.
So – only one more installment of shameless begging for presents, most of which are super expensive, which is why I haven’t bought them for myself yet.
My birthday is in 15 days, so there’s still plenty of shopping & shipping time left!Follow me on social!