Stuff I want: happy birthday to me: part 2 (biking & swimming gifts)
Originally, I was going to divide this up into two separate posts, but then I didn’t have ten items in each category, so now it’s one post.
1. These pants. So cute! So functional! So expensive. *sigh*
2. Rain pants. I have a jacket – but some pants would be fantastic. It would certainly prevent me from using the “it might rain” or “it is raining” or “insert whinyness here” excuses!
3. Bike shirts. I don’t have a single bike jersey, and could really use one or two.
4. Seat pack – to carry important things in, like a tire changing kit! and Gu!
5. Helmet lights for safety! I have bike lights, but am super jealous whenever I see someone with helmet mounted lights. I would like both a front & back light!
6. Swim caps – I would really like to have a spare swim cap.(of course, not pink – but I do like reds, blues & greens!)
7. Swim suit – I think it might be impossible to have too many swim suits. I have two now (thanks A!), but would love a third – especially as I start ramping up the swims. (I really love this one – size 32 or 34; whichever is available.)
8. Wetsuit – this is a must for all my triathlons, but I haven’t yet gotten one – because the price frightens me. I rented one last year – and spent about $50. So, if I do three triathlons this year, at $50/each, I will have spent $200 at the end of the season (including last year’s, of course). Which makes this a less scary investment, right?
9. This book (please? pretty please?)
10. A pool? Just a 25 yard lap pool would be sufficient. So far I can’t convince the architect to build me one. No? Well, fine, then. How about a triathlon suit? I would love one of these! (two piece, I am not the same size on the top & bottom!)
so – that concludes the swimming & biking portions of my shamelessness. Stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for the “household stuff” and “other random crap I want” portions of Amy’s birthday wish list!Follow me on social!