But, as always, the recap of last month comes first.
- Eat clean & healthy 85% of the time. Foods should be real foods. Sugar, caffeine & alcohol should be limited. This is the chance to drop a few pounds before marathon training gets started. – SUCCESS! I did a pretty good job of this. I lost most of my holiday weight, and I’m feeling a lot more confident about my ability to recognize my hunger and satiety points.
- Wash face every night. – SUCCESS! I think I only missed a couple of nights – which is way better than I had been doing.
- Practice appropriate stress management. (Appropriate =- baths, yoga, meditation CDs. Inappropriate = drinking a bottle of wine every night, holding up gas stations, kicking kittens.) Mostly SUCCESS! I am in a lot better place than I was the last part of 2009, and although it was a stressful month (and February will be no different), I didn’t have any panic attacks and I didn’t knock over any liquor stores!
- Swim at least four times (once a week). – COMPLETE SUCCESS! I swam four time, and had a GREAT time doing it. I had my last two swim lessons and have now moved out into the independent swimming world!
- Finalize marathon tattoo design & get the tattoo scheduled. – half SUCCESS! I know what I want – but my artist is unable to tattoo right now due to an undisclosed medical reason – so I’m not sure if I’ll look for someone else or just wait until he’s better. I’ll let you all know when I decide!
February 2010 Goals
- Lose four pounds. I think this is doable!
- Hit minimum workouts: Six strength training, four swims, four bikes, fourteen runs, two yoga.
- Get new garden plot dug.
- Spring clean the crap out of my house.
- Have a super fantastic 33rd birthday.
What are your plans for February? (Besides buying me presents, of course.) Anything big?