November Goals (with the October recap)
It’s that time of the month again! The time when I determine whether or not goals were met & what I want to accomplish in the coming month.
So – to recap:
- Run a marathon. Don’t Die. – SUCCESS! I ran a marathon & lived to tell the tale. And then I carried my medal around with me everywhere for the next four weeks & made people look at it.
- Have a great anniversary. Don’t buy the architect a lame gift, like the one I got him for our 1-year date-a-versary. – SUCCESS! We had a great anniversary. An overnight get-away to Astoria, a trek through a couple of cemeteries, a wonderful meal last night (menu, recipes & pics to come), AND I got him two great gifts. The third anniversary is the leather anniversary. (oooh – dirty!) So, I got him a) a pair of good running shoes (with socks) that possibly have leather in them AND a leather bound hand-stitched sketch-book (that has a Pablo Neruda poem in it). I am a good wife. At least in that one instance.
- Relax. Be mellow. Start yoga-ing again. Or something. Seriously. Get a grip. – partial success. The grip is starting to happen. I am making some changes in my life that don’t affect you at all, and I think I’m starting to grip a little more.
- Get the house all ship-shape, including finally (seriously – it’s been 2.5 years) reupholstering the skanky-ass dining room chairs. It will take one afternoon. For reals. – partial success. The upholstery has been purchased. The foam has been purchased. The chairs have been UN-upholstered. The rest should happen today.
- Start the de-cluttering. By the end of the month, one room should be sorted for 1) keeps; 2) donation; 3) yard sale (thanks for the inspiration Jeep Girl!) – SUCCESS! The architect & I went through the bedroom & filled up two very large bags of clothes that we don’t wear at all. In addition, we started on the living & dining rooms, and should have those rooms + the kitchen done by the end of this month! YAY!
- Get back at the exercise. Although I did run a marathon in October, that was pretty much the extent of it. I clocked an embarrassing 11.5 hours of exercise in October – over five of which was the marathon. That is pretty much beyond pathetic! This month, I will be back at it. I’ve started well – three miles this morning – and between that and the weights that I’ve committed to at the new gym, I’m back on track. Perhaps swimming lessons will start up again?
- Continue the decluttering – the downstairs should be beautified & clutter free by Thanksgiving!
- And speaking of Thanksgiving – have a wonderful meal with some of my closest friends, truly be thankful that this is all possible, and enjoy the time spent with them. There will be nothing to stress about.
- Make time for the architect. School is crazy. Work is busy (although, thankfully, it won’t be insane again until January). I have social commitments. BUT – we need time, too. Sundays in October are architect/gazelle days, and we are going to have some adventures.
- Get the garden ready for winter. This involves composting, mulching, planting garlic & some onions, and making it all sleepy. Or something.
- (I know! A sixth goal! I live life on the edge sometimes.) Make time for the Amy. Just because external forces are crazy, doesn’t mean I have to be crazy. I will: 1) have fun, 2) say no when I need to, 3) not make promises I know I can’t keep, and 4) make sure that, in this upcoming season of crazy, I stay sane.
So – lofty goals for November!Follow me on social!