WOO! FRIDAY!

I survived the whole week, which is good. It would’ve sucked if I’d died from work overload on Wednesday night.

And speaking of Wednesday night, I went to OMSI after dark with her & her & Mr. Pi & the architect. It was pretty cool. There were no kids! Score! Also , 2 free mini beer, free gelato samples, and free other tiny samples. Also a cash bar. That is my kind of museum place. The architect & I wandered off & got separated from the others, but we had a good time with the Da Vinci exhibit. It was pretty damn cool.

Last night, I went to the first class in my 10-week yoga series. I was a little afraid, as the instructor had made it pretty clear that it was for itermediate yogis & above, and I wasn’t sure that I was intermediate. It was a great class, though, for a few reasons. 1) It’s 1.5 blocks away from my house. 2) There were only six students (she teaches larger classes in the mornings & on weekends, but this series was limited participation for individual attention). 3) Individual attention – she was there to correct when anyone was doing something wrong, and that’s something I haven’t had in a while. 4) It was hard, but I never had to get into child’s pose – I did it all. AND I was the only one who did all three wheel poses for the requisite amount of time. Go me!

This morning, I was a wee bit sore.  But – I girded my loins & headed out for my 9 mile trail run. I went on a new section of Wildwood (my 2009 goal is to run the entire length of Wildwood trail – in sections, not all at once), and it was a bit hillier than the last section I ran on! I still managed to average 12 minute miles, which works for me on a trail. My last mile was 11:30, but some of the steeper middle miles were way slow. I love Wildwood ’cause even though I can’t get a sattelite, there are markers every 1/4 mile, so I just hit my lap button whenever I saw one. I didn’t see them all, but I saw enough to get a fairly good idea of my pace.

However, I got a little carried away & accidentally ran 10 miles instead of 9. My legs are so tired now! Not 15 mile Hagg Lake tired, but pretty exhausted.

(This is pretty enough to distract anyone into running 10 miles, I think!)

Fortunately, it is nearly time for Brew Review #4, and then I can replenish my system with beer!

Happy weekend everyone!

• Kelly
    April 24, 2009 - 5:08 pm ·

I was just telling my husband about the OMSI after dark. We are looking forward to seeing the Da Vinci exhibit without kids. Last time, I had 4 kids with me. Needless to say, I didn’t get to see much. Have a great weekend!!

April 26, 2009 - 1:16 pm ·

I really liked it – and it was great to see the Da Vinci exhibit – so fascinating all the things that came out of that man’s mind!

I had a great time at OMSI after dark & may have to check it out again sometime.

• Wiggs (The Beholder)
    April 24, 2009 - 7:16 pm ·

What a gorge trail! If you’re ever in Seattle, you must run the Discovery Park trail. The main loop is only 3 miles and some change, but it’s gloriously beautiful and a great little workout.

I’m impressed about the yoga class – go you for being the only one to do those frightening-looking moves.

April 26, 2009 - 1:17 pm ·

I’ve only done a neighborhood run in Seattle, and not gotten out on any of the trails – I’ll definitely have to check that out. The architect lived in Seattle for a few years, so I’m sure he’s been on it!

• Kristen
    April 24, 2009 - 9:56 pm ·

Great pace on a trail run – that looks hard! Your yoga class sounds fun.

April 26, 2009 - 1:17 pm ·

I love yoga so much, but often don’t have the motivation to go to classes or do it on my own, so it’s good to have paid in advance for a 10-week series because now I HAVE to go!

April 25, 2009 - 3:55 am ·

I am officially jealous. I need to find me some trail running here in ny! I know they are there, but where?

I am gearing up for a 7 mile run today. Well I am leaving in 30 min!! YIKES!

April 26, 2009 - 1:18 pm ·

I cannot help you find trails in NYC – but there have to be some, right?

I hope your run yesterday was awesome!

April 26, 2009 - 1:19 pm ·

I bet you have some fantastic trails in your area, too. I’ve never been to the Olympic Peninsula, but it looks so pretty. I’m thinking a camping trip later this summer might be in order.

• AmyAnne
    April 25, 2009 - 8:44 am ·

I knew I was a real runner the first time I “got carried away and ran 10 miles” and it is so nice to hear that coming from someone else!

Love the picture of the trail. Nice.

April 26, 2009 - 1:19 pm ·

It is pretty crazy to consider that we can get carried away & run 10 miles – but it makes me feel so hardcore! I’m glad I’m not alone.

Thanks for stopping by!

April 26, 2009 - 6:45 am ·

Good job on the yoga and the trail! As for OMSI – I think I’d like it better with kids!? Who knew?? Maybe when my nephew comes to visit. . .

• maris
    April 26, 2009 - 7:31 am ·

Ooh yoga – good for you! I love yoga but the classes are so early on weekend mornings that sadly, I rarely wake up in time to go!

April 26, 2009 - 1:20 pm ·

Oh yeah, I can’t make the early weekend morning classes (or the early weekday morning classes), so this 7 PM Thursday class is perfect for me. I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it!

April 27, 2009 - 7:27 am ·

Glad you enjoyed your yoga class. I would love to find a class with only 6 people, too bad it’s not 1/5 miles from my house too =).

Awesome job on the trail running, so impressive.

• auntie
    April 28, 2009 - 7:31 am ·

i haven’t been to OMSI in ages, but i remember how fun it was when i went there as a kid – so many cool things with buttons to push! sounds like a good time.