The Last Day
I can’t say I’ll be sad to see 2008 go. It’s been a rollercoaster of a year.
There was some good:
- New job
- Paid off my car
- Ran 1/2 marathon
There was some bad:
- Architect laid off
- Hurt my knee, did not run marathon
But overall, I think that I’ll just look forward to the exciting things that 2009 has in store for me. I have some goals for the next year.
- Run (at least one) marathon
- Run 1,000 miles
- Think seriously about actually doing a sprint tri-athlon
- Master that intuitive eating thing
- Drop some more (10) pounds before getting into the longer distances in my marathon training
- Gain no weight DURING the marathon training
- Continue my excellent workout schedule
- Continue to exercise at least 26 days/month
- Keep up with my knee strength & stretching
- Drink 64 oz+ of water each day
Since I do 5 small monthly goals, I will continue with those -these are all health & fitness goals. I have others, too, of course, but don’t necessarily feel like sharing them at this time. I probably will in the future, though. I can’t keep secrets from you guys!
Tomorrow, I’ll have my January 5 goals & an account of how I did with December. I will also do an overview of how my $200/month grocery budget worked in the first month. Oooooh…..exciting!
I am planning on running 4-5 miles tomorrow, and then 3-4 on Friday. Sunday the Ambitious One will be back & I think we’re meeting at 10 AM for our Sunday run.
I made it to the gym again this morning for 30 minutes on the stationary bike & 30 minutes of strength training.
Happy New Year’s!Follow me on social!