It’s My Birthday!
I made it! I’m forty! I rang in the beginning of my fifth decade at karaoke last night and have spent the entirety of today watching true crime, ordering minions to bring me burritos, and thinking about what the next years are going to bring.
I feel good about everything I accomplished in the last year. It was definitely a bumpy year, but there were enough good things to offset the bad.
I started talking last night about doing a 50 before 50…that’s approximately five things a year, and is doable.
On the list so far:
- Go to Romania (book research!)
- Finish a 50K trail race
- Find a satisfying job
- Publish at least two books/year
- Make my health (physical and mental) a priority
- Get that Iceland photo framed
- Meet my PSM in real life
- Be my own boss (this seems to directly contradict #3, but it doesn’t…)
- Survive the Bean’s early teenage years.
- Get rid of all debt (excepting the student loan and any mortgage stuff)
I’ll keep working on the list, but if you have any suggestions, let me know!
And now, it must be French 75 time!
Here’s to another great year!