A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away*
I used to do weekly workout goals. I stopped when I was super pregnant, started up briefly again after Alvie was born, but stopped quickly because it was depressing and I was already depressed enough without confronting a weekly fail report.
But, I am no longer deep in the throes of post-partum anxiety/depression. I am, however, struggling very much with some anxiety issues (not really, mom! do not worry!) and since my department is down a few employees right now, this week is going to be pretty intense.
When I get stressed, three things happen.
- I start having even MOAR anxiety issues
- I start getting weird migraine-like symptoms that may or may not end in debilitating headache pain
- I stop sleeping
My tried and true methods for dealing with said stress:
However, it turns out when I’m consistently stressed and anxious, and I’m seeing auras everywhere out of the corner of my eyes, and I’m not sleeping, I get stuck in a cycle of being stressed and anxious because it’s hard to break out of this cycle when I’m exhausted, and although wine is lovely, I have too many things going on in my life to use it as a crutch.
So – I have had to resurrect my Aggressive HappinessTM gold star charts, and am going to start blogging weekly goals to (a) increase my accountability and (b) help me get a gold star since one of my gold stars is blogging-related.
This week’s goals (and a pass/fail result from last week):
- Work out 4+ times (last week: 2.)
- Lift weights 1+ times (last week: SUCCESS!)
- Write 7,000 words (last week: 5800)
- Blog 2+ times (last week: 1)
- Instagram my 100 happy days 7 times (last week: SUCCESS!)
- Floss 5+ times (last week: SUCCESS!)
- Climb 70+ flights of stairs (last week: SUCCESS!)
- Do my work walk commute 8 times (4 round-trips) (last week: 7)
- Walk or run 4+ miles 4+ times (last week: 1)
Hopefully, having some very concrete but not crazy out-of-this- world goals will help me maintain my sanity as I slog through the four days I have to work this week before my four day vacation.
*Actually, same galaxy, but it was pre-Alvie, so it seems like both ages ago and a completely different place.Follow me on social!