Apparently I like to give the month a good start before reviewing old goals and posting new ones.
February 2014 Goals
- Run 50+ miles – FAIL! I have a ton of excuses: sick baby, snow days, sick baby…but the reality is I just wasn’t committed to it. Oh well.
- Write 25K+ words (this will be a slog, as today was the first day this month that I’ve written) – SUCCESS! Much easier to write than run on snow days and during sick baby nap times. Also, this is my primary commitment outside of work right now – and it shows. Seriously. I get up b/w 5 & 5:30 each morning to do this.
- Wash face each night before bed (part of the good habits) – FAIL! But at least I’m staying on the flossing band wagon.
- 40+ oz/day of water AT HOME. – SUCCESS! I have been a water-drinking super start.
- Surpass 200 miles on my trip to Mordor. – So close, I’m calling it a SUCCESS! I made it to 198 and change by the end of 2/28. Less than 2 miles short of 200 for the year equals a win for me. Also makes me realize that I would’ve kicked my goal’s ass if I’d run more.
- Do something brave (like trying a new class or talking to a stranger) – SUCCESS – kind of. I signed up for something AND paid money for it, but it doesn’t actually start until 4/5/14. I have an entire month to gird my loins for talking to strangers.
- Have a fantastic birthday weekend. – mostly SUCCESS! The architect and I had a baby-sitter on the 22nd, and went out for dinner and drinks. I had a fantabulous 10 mile trail run on my birthday (in the very, very cold rain) and then a birthday burger and a partial birthday beer. I had to leave the bar to go pick up the feverish, double-ear infectioned baby.
- Institute Sunday Funday with the Bean. (Those are the architect’s long ride days as he gears up for his fourth Reach the Beach century ride, so the Bean and I will have longer and longer periods to ourselves.) – EHHH….between the sick and the weather, this was not terribly successful. We did, however, play in the snow a lot.
- Buy a bottle of whiskey. – SUCCESS! I am the proud owner of some 20-year Tullamore Dew. I have even had 2 fingers of it. Each sip makes me do this:
- Keep my action item folder down below 30 items at the end of each day. – unmitigated SUCCESS! I feel so much more productive at work.
March 2014 Goals
- Write 30,000 words
- Date night with the architect.
- Run 10 times
- Take the Bean swimming
- Fun weekend with my mom.
- Worry less. Still working on how to do this. Suggestions?
- Get ahead of my to do list at work.
- Diligently work on my whiskey appreciation plan.
- Order a gluten free birthday cake for the Bean
- No desserts, sweet coffees, or other extraneous sugars for 30 days.
I cannot wait for this month to be over!