January 2011 Goals
- Complete weeks 1-4 of the Couch to 5K program – SUCCESS! I have just started week 5, and things are going so well! WOO!
- Continue to yoga at a minimum of once a week – SUCCESS! I yoga’d five times in January. Woo!
- Get back to the gym for weights – FAIL! I did not lift weights even once this month. Boo. 🙁
- Get car to the service center – SUCCESS! I took the car in on 1/29 (just slid in….)
- Take the first step needed to achieve job satisfaction – SUCCESS! I took the step referenced, although I don’t know how that’s working out yet.
- Lose 4-5 pounds. – SUCCESS! Almost. I lost 3 lbs (exactly) and 2% body fat. I’ll take it.
No spending on things that are not necessary. – half success…I bought two books and signed up for one race. BUT, my miscellaneous spending in January was waaay less than previous months, and most of the things I put in my amazon “to buy later” cart, I ended up deleting after a few days. I’m going to keep up with this. I need to consistently need something for 30 days before I can buy it (unless it’s an emergency, or something, like cheese, or gin).
February 2011 Goals
- Lose 3-4 lbs (This will be a goal every month until I reach my eventual goal of 20 lbs total – 3 down, 17 to go!)
- Run 3 continuous miles
- Weights – 4x this month!
- Get the garden 100% planned out & the early stuff planted
- Get the house & yard spring-cleaned and ready for action
- New mattress & furnishings for our fancy new guest room
- Upstairs storage solutions DONE
- Pool – 4x
- Continue the detox theme with having only limited caffeine, sugar, wheat, dairy & alcohol (great start this morning when I left my coffee on the kitchen counter as I rushed out to catch the bus!)
- Turn 34 (got to have one place where I know I’ll succeed, right?)
February 30 day challenge
Meditate every day; even if it’s a crappy meditation. Even if it’s only for 5 minutes. At the end of every meditation, take a moment to be grateful for everything that I have.
January Training in Review
I completed weeks 1-4 of the C25K, and logged a total of 23.66 miles of walking & running (I counted them separately until the end of last week when the walk breaks became MUCH less significant to the program).
I biked 5 times, including one (outdoor) 12 mile ride
I swam only once – boo! – for 1200 yds
I attended 5 yoga classes
I lost 3 lbs & almost 2% body fat.
I went from an average pace in my first C25K workout of 15 minute miles (over 2 miles) to 11:37 pace over 3.