August 2010 Goal Recap
- Get all the veggies harvested & put up – SUCCESS! As much as possible, anyways. Everything that is ready to be harvested is; the tomatoes are still, sadly, green.
- Make the cheddar cheeses – FAIL! But since I will not be out of town this weekend, it will be done by Labor Day.
- Continue weekly runs, although I would prefer a 120% reduction in personal crimes against me – SUCCESS! I ran seven times in August, for a total of nearly 20 miles. Last year, that was a pretty low weekly mileage, and not my monthly mileage…but I’m trying not to dwell on it too much.
- Get everything replaced (driver’s license, debit cards, phone, etc.) that was stolen from my car – SUCCESS! Everything, including my gym membership card (which was an awesome excuse for not going to the gym…alas! that reason’s gone) has been replaced; all money returned; all taken care of.
- Give first planned speech in Toast without passing out or throwing up. – SUCCESS! I did the speech! I didn’t pass out OR vomit on anyone! In fact, from what I understand, it didn’t even suck. Go me! Only nine more speeches to go until I’m a toasty competent communicator.
September 2010 Goals
- Month of healthy; last month before surgery, gotta make the most of it!
- Work out at least 20 times in 30 days.
- Get house cleaned & prepped for my month of not functioning well
- Can salsa & marinara for the next year (18 pints salsa; 12 qts marinara; if possible, 12 qts of plain tomatoes, too)
- Learn to make a new kind of cheese (I’m leaning towards another instant-ish gratification cheese such as paneer or cotija).