Lists (10 things that make me happy today)
I LOVE making lists. Anyone who knows me well, probably knows that. I have to-do lists everyday (for work, school, home stuff). I have shopping lists. Menus. (You should see the monster list that I have made, with spreadsheets and timetables, for this weekend’s festivities.) (I also love spreadsheets.) (And parentheses.)
The weather the last couple of weeks has been a little less than May-like. We had one gorgeous weekend, and then the temperatures dropped and the sun disappeared. My hopes for a beautiful weekend are slowly crumbling away.
So in honor of our rainy gray May, I am making a list.
Things that make me happy, regardless of weather
- My awesome husband
- My beautiful garden
- Having kick-ass neighbors (not just the blogger ones, but quite a few kick-ass neighbors, we are so lucky!)
- Living in my neighborhood (see also #3)
- My awesome workout buddies – without them, I’d be much fatter
- Portland – I love living here, even when we’re not sunny
- Food carts (random, I know – but the food cart culture here is fantastic)
- My families – the ones I’m related to by blood, the ones I’m related to by marriage (seriously lucked out in the in-law department), and the ones that have come into my life throughout the years (see also #5)
- Cats. I really love my cats. 94% of the time, anyways
- Yoga – I have been loving the yoga lately, and since I’m not doing as much running/biking as planned, I’m glad I have a great substitute!