2010 Goal – Check in
So – back at the end of last year, I decided on 10 goals for this year. A lot of times when I do that, I then promptly forget about said goals until the end of that year and don’t really accomplish all of them. So, I am doing periodic check-ins (every couple of months or so) just to see how I’m doing.
- Run 1,000 miles – I am definitely on track with this one. I should be at about 175 by the end of this month, and at about 400 after I finish the marathon. That leaves me over 7 months to run 600 miles, and I think I can do it! At the very least, I’ll be almost half way to my goal of beating last year’s mileage by the time the marathon is over!
- Go the entire year w/o triggering my automatic overdraft protection – So far, so good! Go me!
- Read 52 (non-school, new) books – Hmmm…a little behind here! BUT, I am planning on playing catch up this vacation week! I’m not really worried about this one.
- Throw out/donate/recycle at least one item per week. – I am not doing well here. I started out strong – went through the pantry & got rid of expired disgusting foods & other things, but haven’t kept up the way I should. I should probably make a spreadsheet to track this! 🙂
- Complete at least two triathlons – Well, it’s not triathlon season yet, so not a lot of headway being made here. EXCEPT that I am swimming, and I just found a new pool near work that I LOVE! Also, I am now the proud owner of a wetsuit, so I’m ready!
- Half marathon PR. – Haven’t attempted yet. Attempt #1 will be in April.
- A’s in all core classes. – Today was the last day of my first core class of the year, and unless the professor gives me zeros on the only 3 ungraded items outstanding, I will get an A (98% on my final paper! WOO!)
- Be able to do 3 pull-ups in a row by December 31, 2010. – Not making a lot of headway here, either. I definitely need to start working on this more.
- End the year ten pounds lighter than I started it. – Also not making a lot of headway here. So far I am approximately exactly the same weight as I was 1/1/10.
- Do at least six volunteer activities. – I have completed one volunteer activity (planted trees with Friends of Trees) and will do another tomorrow (volunteering at the Hagg Lake Mud Run). I have also let the race director of the race I volunteered at last summer that I’m available if she needs me. I would like to branch out from just race volunteering, too. I’m hoping that I can do some trail maintenance work with the Friends of Forest Park at some point. Any other volunteer suggestions?
So – overall, I think I’m on track with almost everything, but I definitely need to concentrate on the weight loss, the decluttering, and the pull-ups.
Did you make goals? How are those going for you? 😉