I feel lazy

Last night, I got my crunches & push-ups in, as well as 20 minutes of yoga. Then the architect & I made mini quesadillas (they were delicious) and watched the Discovery Channel.

I know – pretty exciting stuff!

This morning, I meant to get up & run 5 miles before work, but for some reason, my alarm did not go off. When I woke at 6, I decided that I would just sleep & do my run after work – hope the weather holds!

Today is a weirdly busy day. Not urgently busy like things have been, well, for a couple of months, but a lot of little things to get done – and I’m just not focused. I have a headache, desperately need to take the 40 steps down the hall to fill up my water bottle, and just feel kinda whiny & blah…..not sure what’s causing that. I do feel that I’m not getting nearly enough sleep lately, which is silly, because I generally get a minimum of 7 every night (it’s usually closer to 8-9).

Today I just feel that I don’t particualrly want to be here. I almost wish that I was the one who was unemployed, instead of the architect (actually, he probably wishes the same, I think he’s ready to contribute to society again).

The most exciting news that I have is that I finally uploaded my last two runs from Leo, and my 3 miler last Tuesday evening with the architect clocked at 31:20 (10:25 pace), and I really wasn’t trying for speed, so that’s nice. AND, my 10 miler with JM on Sunday came in at 1:49:45, just under 11 minute miles – which although not as speedy as I’d ultimately like to be, still makes me happy.

I am very much looking forward to my upcoming 5 & 10Ks – I am planning on PR-ing on both!

• chia
    March 24, 2009 - 12:18 pm ·

Sounds like someone needs a proper Spring season pick up :-). Sounds like you’re kicking some backside on your runs!! Great job and rest up speedy!

• chia
    March 24, 2009 - 12:19 pm ·

Sorry, I get kind of spacy-sorts after a run, just pushed through a tough 3 miler. The Spring comment was in reference to sleepy morning sleepins – I get that way too when I’m in that seasonal “meh” :-).

March 25, 2009 - 10:26 am ·

I’m caught in that ‘in-between’ place right now – almost but not quite spring! I was doing great in the morning until the time change (and don’t get me wrong, I love the later light, but miss the morning light, too). Soon it will be light enough for me to get up early again! 🙂

March 24, 2009 - 12:59 pm ·

I’m feeling lazy and whiny and blah today too. Wish we could switch employment situations for the day, sounds like we both could use it. Ugh.

Great pace on your runs, PRs are coming!

March 24, 2009 - 3:13 pm ·

I’m ready to be unemployed (JK, God!) I probably shouldn’t joke. But I hear ya, I just want to curl up under my desk and go to sleep. Seriously. And I’ve sent my alarm for 2 days straight to get up in the morning. And snoozed, snoozed, snoozed.

March 25, 2009 - 10:24 am ·

This morning I actually got up when my alarm went off, but when I found out that Alisa wasn’t hitting the pool, instead of going to the gym to get my run in, I went back to bed. MUST RUN TONIGHT.

• Calyx Meredith
    March 24, 2009 - 4:41 pm ·

We’re sending the Architect some good job hunting mojo b/c it (finally) paid off here and we’d love to spread the love. 😀 Yay you for those runs. (I envy your times!) Hope you get over the blahs!

March 25, 2009 - 10:24 am ·

Thank you! I appreciate all the positive thinking that anyone can muster. I’m sure the blahs are temporary – probably just need a good run to get over it!

March 25, 2009 - 10:23 am ·

I have no meetings scheduled for like 3 weeks! nothing but busy work for awhile – and although I was craving a schedule like this LAST week, now I’m bored. 🙂

March 25, 2009 - 10:21 am ·

awesome! Thanks! 🙂 My goals are simple, I think: come in under 30 minutes for the 5K & under 60 for the 10K. My current PRs are so close (31:09 & 1:01:43) – surely I can shave 2 minutes off my race times!

• Glam
    March 25, 2009 - 5:41 am ·

Blah, blah, blah. I hear and feel that! Looks like you’re kicking ass on the running though! So glad you get to run after all those knee shenanigans…

March 25, 2009 - 10:22 am ·

I am incredibly lucky that I stopped running & got treated when I did (since I can’t blame it on being smart about stuff) so that I didn’t have to have surgery & PT fixed things up.