January in Review/February goals
I hate January. It is, by far, the worst month of the year. It is dark & cold & spring seems so far away. And now, it’s over.
January is a stupid month to begin the year in – I think March would be better – more hopeful. It would be easier for everyone to stick to their resolutions in March, I think.
So – first let’s review January’s goals.
- Go the whole month without using my ‘overdraft protection’ in my checking account. This didn’t go so well – but I swear it wasn’t my fault.
- Use my Mondays in the manner for which they were made work-free I did do okay with this, but then of course, had to work last Monday (the horror!)
- Run 50 miles I hit 51 miles, even with my less frequent working out schedule
- Get a minimum of 3 servings of fruit/veggies each day I was definitely more conscious of this, and most days I did just fine (ever since I found out that a banana counts as TWO WHOLE SERVINGS!) but there is definitely room for improvement here
- De-clutter house – get a Goodwill box together This was my most successful – I took a trunk full of stuff to Goodwill yesterday. It was fun getting rid of stuff we never use. We have a ways to go, but it was a good start.
- I usually only do 5, but I’m adding an honorary sixth today – Don’t burn down the house & kill the pets I totally did not even come close to burning down the house after that first day. So good for me!
- Maintain intuitive eating, which has mostly been going well (food) – I only lost 1.4 lbs in January, which is, of course, better than a gain, but I’d like to see a larger loss for February. I’m down 6 lbs since I started recording everything again at Thanksgiving, and it’s hard to complain about a 6 lb loss through the holidays & January, but I’m still 7 lbs away from goal #1, and 11 lbs away from my primary goal.
- Workout at least 5 days each week between 2/1 & 2/21; work out every day between 2/22 & 2/28 (fitness)
- Maintain a relatively clutter-free home (household)
- Decrease food spending by another $50 (finance)
- Get my next tattoo (personal)