Interview with an Amy!
Because I knew I would be nearly dead by today, and certainly not up to thinking of things to write about all by myself, I asked Jen from Running Stories to interview me. Because that’s how I roll. (Actually, I don’t usually roll that way – because now there will be pressure to post the part where I tell you that you can ask me to interview you, and then I’ll have to come up with interview questions, and inevitably it will cause me more stress than it really should.)
1. Name something about Portland that strikes you as really odd after living in Southern California.
The hours kept here – I remember, shortly after moving here, wanting to go out to dinner at 8 PM. So the architect & I went out to dinner. And the first three restaurants we tried to go to were either closed (it was 8:30 by now) or closing and no longer seating people. We ended up at a bar. Seriously – what’s up with that? Why can’t I go out to eat at 8:30?
2. What is your biggest current unhealthy vice?
You know, I don’t really have that many RIGHT NOW. I’m currently off Diet Coke (the artificial sweeteners seem to be giving me headaches) and cookies (make me feel icky), and I only smoke about once a year (well, I only BUY cigarettes once a year, about once every 2-3 months I’ll drink a martini at a bar & then bum a smoke off of someone nearby). Apparently, I’m ridiculously healthy. Although I could probably stand to not have a glass of wine EVERY night. So, to make a long answer short (too late!), drinking wine every night.
3. If you could meet any author (living or dead) and talk to them about anything you’d like for an entire evening, who would it be?
This is such a hard question! I love me some books, and there are so many authors I’d love to chat with, but chances are I’d get all nervous & then drink too much wine, try to bum a smoke & then say stupid things. Authors that immediately came to mind are: Stephen King, Tom Robbins, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, or, for a little more light-hearted fun – some bloggers that are also authors (with wine, this would rock): Laurie Perry
, Jen Lancaster
, Jeannette Fulda
, or Shauna Reid
. Those ladies seem like fun.
4. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
I actually thought about this a lot. Even though I’ve lost tons of weight, I still don’t really like the way my body looks. When I mention my ambition to lose 15 more lbs, I sometimes get comments such as: ‘you don’t need to lose anymore weight.’ Attributes that others might list are not my favorite (boobs, too big for running). But, I think I’m going to have to go with my neck & collarbone. That’s the one feature that I really appreciate – and I didn’t so much have a collarbone six years ago, so it’s nice to see. Also, I really have to scrunch my head back to create a 2nd chin now, and I appreciate that.
5. If you could have a second home anywhere in the world, where would it be? (if money was no object, and all logistics aside)
Somewhere warm & beachy. Probably a secluded cove on the eastern (Caribbean) shore of Mexico. I’d love to just spend every November 1- March 15 in the sun, on the beach, eating guacamole and fresh bananas (although probably not together).
To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Follow me on social!