I am tagging myself today because I am so busy that this is all I can come up with – unless you want to hear about what I’m working on – which, you know, no.
10 years ago:
- I was 1 quarter into my senior year of college. I was really, really ill – and didn’t make it to many classes (had to conserve energy for going out to the bars).
- I lived in Brookings, SD with my two best girls. Although it was not the most comfortable year in terms of living situations, ever – we’re all still friends, so it worked out in the end.
- I was trying to decide between moving to LA or NYC after graduation. When it got cold in South Dakota AND in New York, that pretty much made that decision.
- I had no idea what I wanted to do with myself after graduation. I was thinking vaguely about “getting a job” or “becoming suddenly rich.”
- I started internet dating. I felt waaay ahead of the curve. I met a guy who was getting his master’s in PE (or something) and was good at Scrabble. We went out a few times. He wasn’t bad, really.
5 Things on my To-Do List today:
- Go to knitting night
- Blog post
- Put together 75% of [work related thing – redacted]
- Finish [another redacted work related thing]
5 Things that I would do if I were a millionaire (I’m copying POM & changing this to billionaire):
- Pay off all of my debts (and the architect’s, too, I suppose), including student loans, houses, cars…
- Give much to charity
- Invest (although maybe I would invest in my ‘under the mattress fund’ right now)
- Help the architect open his own firm
5 Places I have lived:
- Kansas City, MO
- Brookings, SD
- Venice, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Portland, OR
(I thought about adding a different 3rd, so I could list all 5 states I’ve lived in, but in the end, I just couldn’t admit publicly that I lived in North Dakota for a total of about 6 months.)
5 Jobs I’ve had:
- K-Mart grill & deli food service worker (my first job that involved taxes, and the first [and so far only] that involved worker’s comp).
- Person who works at a daycare/summer camp for children. No, seriously.
- Development Assistant for a psychopathic idiot
- Development Assistant for a racist idiot
I didn’t list any of my good jobs – they’re not as amusing.
I tag you!Follow me on social!