I was tagged by the Ambitious One, and enjoy being tagged (makes me feel like part of the in-crowd). So, six random things about me.
1) If there is one thing I hate, it’s travel. I don’t like to fly, I don’t like strangers, I don’t like public transportation, and being in new places makes me incredibly anxious.
2) If I had an unlimited budget, I would totally travel all the time. There are so many things I want to see, places I want to go. (Yes, I am an enigma.)
3) I was raised in a series of small & smaller towns in South Dakota, the daughter of a Methodist minister. (When people find out that I’m a preacher’s kid, they are either shocked, or they smile & nod, as if that just confirmed their hunch. Not sure why.)
4) I am allergic to mushrooms. I don’t know if it’s all mushrooms – I’ve never done a lot of experimentation. I’ve never had a portobello, or a chanterelle, or a shiitake, or a magic mushroom. That makes me sad – but not so sad that I’m willing to give it a try. (Also? I’ve never had anything with truffles or truffle oil. They’re so….fungus-y.)
5) I am a terrible housekeeper. My home is not clean, nor uncluttered, nor anything good. I try to hide my lack of skill (and motivation) by always having lots of food & drugging people into a food coma. So far, it seems to be working. I’m also trying to get to two points – a) the point where I just keep it clean enough & don’t worry about the rest and b) the point where I can afford bi-weekly maid service. (I also think it might not be such a bad idea to invest in some Pledge – I haven’t ever dusted in my house. Ever.)
6) I love making lists. I make a list every day at work for tasks that need to be done. I make a list for things to do on my days off. I make packing lists, shopping lists, christmas card lists, pro & con lists for EVERYTHING. If you ever want me to do a meme, just make it something that’s in list form, and I’m your girl.
I tag everyone who needs something to do today.