Per Ms. Sillypants
I was tagged! Again!! This time by Silly, owner of the mad-cap minivan
Rules:Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things/habits about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
1. I love showtunes. I know the words to many musicals that I’ve never seen. I nearly died of excitement when I found out that Spamalot! was coming to Portland.
2. I don’t really like chocolate that much. I used to a lot more, but the older I get, the less excited about it I get. Don’t get me wrong. There are certain times when I would kill for a good piece of chocolate…and I am becoming a bit of a chocolate snob, so a kit-kat no longer qualifies as a good piece of chocolate. But overall? I’d rather have other things. Not diamonds, though. I’m not a big fan of the diamonds.
3. There is no better drink in the world than a dry Sapphire martini with blue-cheese stuffed olives. Nothing. I cannot wait until my body is ready to drink martinis. It better be ready by next Saturday, because there is no way that I am turning 30 without at least one martini.
4. For someone who had a fairly normal, non-violent upbringing, I have a strange fascination with blood, death, and badly-broken homes (the made-for-tv movie types, not the typical ones). Almost everything I’ve ever written has involved 1) abuse (pysical, mental or sexual), 2) murder, 3) accidental mayhem, or 4) all of the above. I’ll try to write something perfectly normal, but I usually end up killing at least one person. I can’t help it. Just be glad that you aren’t married to me. Poor, poor architect.
5. Speaking of the architect, for our 1st (dating) anniversary, he got me flowers and other nice things, and I got him the most romantic gift ever….a sink-mounted water filter. His tap-water was pretty nasty. He still brings that up every once in a while. Perhaps it was not the most romantic gift ever.
6. I love to travel but am terrified of actual travelling. I like to be in new places, but I hate new people. I am a mystery wrapped in an enigma, cowering in a corner in fear.