It’s the first day of May! It’s also the beginning of the second week of the jobby job! AND, I got edits back from editor extraordinaire last night, so I should have a fair amount of stuff to keep me busy.
I have some pretty big goals for this month. In a very particular order:
- Getting a handle on the new job. I want to end this month with a confidence level of over 50%. I think this is easily achievable. I just need to be able to dive in and do the work. (I’m replacing someone, so it’s a little awkward to dive in when she’s still here.)
- Finish edits on The Waning Moon and start getting it ready for publication. I’ve got a couple major areas to work on, and a month to do it, so I’m not too worried!
- Continue with rewrites of the (almost titled) third book in the Eleanor Morgan series. I’ve gone through once and now it’s time to add some material. Raj fans are going to enjoy this book, I think!
- Keep up the blogging schedule I’ve been on recently. I have book reviews scheduled for tomorrow, 5/16, and 5/30 (so if you have something you want me to review on the 9th or 23rd, now’s the time to shoot me a request!)
- Move more. Now that it’s more than 45 steps from my bedroom to my computer, my fitbit is looking a little less embarrassing. I’m going to hit a minimum of 8K steps/day every day this week and go running one time.
- Continue adjusting my sleep/wake schedule. I’d like to be back to a 4:45 am alarm on weekdays (so that I’m up, drinking coffee, and writing by 5).
All of these goals are achievable with a little bit of dedication on my part. It’s interesting: even with being tired from “getting up early” and “getting dressed” and “commuting to work,” I’m feeling more like myself than I’ve felt in…I don’t know how long. There’s just something magical about “earning money” and “color-coding my planner” and “adding quotation marks around random phrases” that makes me feel good.
Follow me on social!