Progress has been made
The Beer Guy and I had our first kid-free and healthy weekend since beginning our cohabitation. We celebrated by attempting to turn our place from a set for Hoarders into comfortable, livable space.
Stuff that needed to go in storage made it’s way up into the attic. My rug that’s been rolled up on the floor of Bean’s room was taken out and now graces our living room. I got rid of the extra boxes and other random crap in the kid’s room and put everything away.
A home was found for the clothes that didn’t fit into my new dresser space. (Some of those clothes went to live at Goodwill.)
There are no longer boxes of stuff randomly scattered around the house!
We have a little ways to go in our office space yet – my books are all unpacked and double-stacked on the shelves, but that’s the room that’s the least far along.
Everything is coming together and it’s starting to feel more like “our” home and less like I’m a visitor here for an extended stay. I still feel tentative about putting things away, but I’m working through that.
Most importantly, however, is that while we were moving stuff around in the attic, two (seriously, TWO!) unicorn drinking horns were found.
This is good news because (a) my unicorn birthday piñata was missing a horn and the previous solution, come up with by two of my good friends, was to use a dildo and now I don’t have to go dildo shopping! and also (b) because the beer guy had two unicorn drinking horns, and obviously that means that he has awesome friends who give amusing gifts.
(Eleven days until my birthday!)
As for my weekly goals – let’s check it out!
- Move 5 times – I walked on Tuesday and ran on Wednesday and spent Saturday & Sunday moving heavy things…not my five days of exercise yet, but getting there.
- Fruit every day- epic fail. I don’t know what happened to me last week. I didn’t eat much of anything during the day TBH. This is a thing that happens to me when I get too stressed.
- Lunch every day – Yeah. See #2.
- Water at all times – I did pretty good with this! I unearthed my soda stream and got through at least a liter of fizzy water/day, plus additional glasses of still water
- MOAR veggies – again. #2
I’m going to keep on keeping on with these until I feel comfortable that I’m consistent (and then I’ll set new goals).
- Move x5 – (Monday: walk/run, Tuesday: yoga, Wednesday: walk/run, Thursday: swim, Friday: walk/run, Sat: rest or yoga, Sun: rest or yoga)
- Fruit every day
- Lunch every day – already lunched today! This would be better if I’d also breakfasted. Baby steps.
- Water at all times
- MOAR veggies