Monday Musings & Health Goals
So, here we are ten days into the new presidential administration. I can’t even with everything that’s happened. I’ve been too sick to go to any marches, but I have made a couple of phone calls and angrily tweeted a lot, so there’s that?
I don’t even know what to do. I feel lost. There’s so much going on at the national/global level that I fundamentally disagree with. But at the same time I’m sick. Still. More sick. I’m unemployed. Still. Not even an interview since before Thanksgiving. And I’ve been moving. And while I’m pleased to be moving in with the Beer Guy, I am displeased about moving in general because our place currently looks like we ordered the Hoarders starter pack and it’s like walking through a labyrinth to get to my desk and computer.
That is the back half of a rat. The rats that have been running about being nuisances since late July/early August. The ones that I knew were in the walls/ceilings. The ones ignored by my landlords until the rats did $200+ worth of damage to my stuff earlier this month. The rats that decided to come out for a big face-to-face Saturday while I was trying to empty & clean the old place. (The landlord came out later that day after I sent that photo and found a nest with tea lights and “clothing items” which I can only assume were my missing lacy thongs. Ratcliffe was trying to set some kind of mood, I guess.)
In just under two hours, I will be out of that place for good and forever. *full body shudder*
ANYWAY – As active as I’m staying in politics (this is so unacceptable on so many levels), and as much as there is no way I’m going to promise to keep this a politics-free zone, I will still mostly be concentrating on my four areas of interest:
- Book reviews (new one tomorrow for Elizabeth Hunter’s “Omens & Artifacts!)
- Writing stuff (I should have my second round of edits back from the editor no later than tomorrow!
- Amusing kid stories (we had a big conversation about #altfacts yesterday and why it’s not okay to tell lies, even if you won’t get caught)
- Health stuff. Like I said above, I am sick. Again. This is the third horrible cold I’ve had in two months. My immune system is shit. This is due to the triad of stress, poor eating habits (I’m getting better!), and very little exercise. I have to do better for me. I can’t constantly be ill, because that sucks. I’m going to start blogging more about this journey again. I used to do weekly goals for health stuff, and I’m going to start doing that again to hold myself accountable.
Health Goals: 1/30 – 2/5
- 30 minutes of movement x 5 (yoga, walking, swimming)
- A fruit with breakfast every day (done for today!)
- Eat lunch every day
- Stay hydrated! Glass of water on hand at all times.
- MOAR veggies (at least 2 servings/day)
- Bonus: no arguing with racists on the internet (unless they start it)
Self care is going to be even more important as we move through the altreality that is our current political climate. (In the past week, I’ve agreed with Cheney, the Koch Brothers, and a friend’s father who usually just drives me a little bonkers.)