40 Before 40 – Update the Eighth
Eighth is a weird word. It’s not autocorrecting, so I must be spelling it right. But weird, right?
ANYWAY – we’re reaching the home stretch. Due to my current unemployment and my desire to not live in a box, some of the things are going to be postponed until I have more disposable income. But still – I have made a bit more progress.
Things that I did in the last month…
I went to the local nude beach. I did a volunteer cleanup there. I saw lots of naked people and too many snakes to make me want to be one of those naked people. BUT – because I love you, I bring you photographic evidence. Boobs and pussy.
I made jam. Lots of jam. I’ve been cooking more, too (yay for the instant pot!). So, the DIY stuff is coming along nicely.
I also climbed a tree. A fig tree. To make fig jam. It was a little scary, but it’s done! (Sorry – no photos of this!)
That takes me to 17 of 40 things finished…but there are some things that will be done!
- Photo framing – just need to shell out the $$ to get that done
- Cheese trying – this is currently on hold (fortunately, I’d probably tried nearly 12 cheeses in the first 7 months, so I can probably declare this a win…).
- Publish my first book – I have the cover art mockup – just need to finalize fonts; and I should get first edits back from my editor at the end of this week.
- Perfect pie crust – I made pie earlier this week, and although it was good, it wasn’t perfect. Yet. I’ll try a new crust recipe for the second go.
- Meet three computer friends IRL. DAMMIT, Cat! Just come visit for the weekend. Mel – wanna go cheese shopping or something? I’d buy you a beer.
- Ice skating. I will go. I will fall down. People will laugh, but it will be done.
- Regular exercise.
- Self care (I’m mostly sleeping better and I’m starting to eat a little better now, too…)