June 2014 Goals
Let’s see how May went, shall we? (For having so many days, it sure went by quickly. I don’t even understand how it’s over already.)
May 2014 Goals
- Get to Rivendell! – SUCCESS! I spent the night with elves on May 9.
- Strength Training five times (1 down!) – 80% SUCCESS! I went four times – go me! That is four more times than in April!
- Have a good (read go to it and finish) race on 5/10 – FAIL! I did not go to the race. I did do a solo 10K that day, though, and finished with my 2nd fastest post-baby time ever.
- 25K new words – booo! only 47% success. It was my lamest writing month in ages.
- Plant some stuff in the garden – fail. completely. I really should do that, though.
- Keep on keeping on with #100happydays – SUCCESS! I had happy pics every day.
- Run more than 50 miles – FAIL! And embarassingly so. Today is the first day of my official 18 week marathon training, so I should probably try to step it up.
- Take Alvie Bean to the Zoo – SUCCESS! Kind of. I took him Sunday, which was officially June, but still! It has to count, right?
- Figure out a schedule that allows me to accomplish near-daily workouts, writing, and daily going to work for 9 hours. I am a morning person, and I get up and write most mornings at about 5 am, but then when I’ve planned my post-work workouts, I don’t do them because I’m lazy and tired. Right now, I am supposed to be running, but I am not. – YEAH, NO. I barely slept in May, which meant I didn’t get up to write, and then I didn’t much work out. I really need to do better.
- Get the architect a kick-ass and as-yet undetermined birthday gift. – SUCCESS! Kind of. I am returning half of his gift, but I think he was happy. Ish.
June 2014 Goals
- Make it to Hollin Ridge (my next milestone on my walk to Mordor).
- Hit the gym 5 times.
- 35,000 new words.
- Plant the garden by June 9.
- Get through #100happydays days 62-91
- Run 50 miles (someday, I swear, this will happen)
- Take the Bean swimming
- Hire a new employee so that I have no more vacancies in my department
- Weekly word posts
- Walk 100 miles (I was so close in May, that I think this is a reasonable goal).