Alas! My favorite month is over. However, November is still pretty cool, right? It’s still autumn here in the PNW, and this month is Thanksgiving. Yay pie!
So – how did October shake out?
October 2013 Goals
- Lights off at 10 PM on work nights. – ehhh…half SUCCESS! I did pretty good most nights; definitely better than I had been doing.
- Lights (figuratively) on at 5 AM on week days. – big ol’ FAIL! However, I did start getting up by 6 every morning this last week, and I readjusted my workout schedule to make sure I was still getting in my workouts (except for when I was home with a sick baby and when I was sick myself, so you know, I did great for about half the month.)
- Finish the mini-project I’ve been working on and send it off. – SUCCESS! And with any luck, I’ll know how that turns out in a couple of months.
- Have a delightful time in Seattle! Yay! – SUCCESS! Except that I stayed up too late and then was dead for a week after recovering. I am old, yo.
- Go to all of my tennis lessons and have fun. – 75% SUCCESS! I missed my last lesson because the traffpocalypse happened and I didn’t get home in time. 🙁 However, I’m signed up for November lessons! Yay!
- Get the financial transfer from Bank A to Bank B 100% done and all auto-pays updated. (Ooooh….fun!) – SUCCESS! The old account is even all closed out now, and everything is running smoothly.
- Get my new employee up-to-speed and settled in – ehhh…SUCCESS for what it is. He just started Monday, so we haven’t had tons o’ time for up-to-speedness and settling. We’ll get there, though.
- Finish the Bean’s Halloween Costume – SUCCESS! My tiny doctor was awesome.
- Figure out an awesome way to celebrate my anniversary. – SUCCESS! The architect and I are headed out for dinner & drinks tomorrow night because my awesomesauce neighbor is coming over to be on Bean watch for a few hours. Yay!
- Surpass the total number of hours worked out in 2010 (2012 was surpassed in June & 2011 was surpassed in September; I only need 24.24 hours of exercise to beat 2010!) – FAIL! Due to sick Beans and sick Gazelles, I missed this goal. I’ll definitely get there in November, though! I’m super close.
November 2013 Goals
- Surpass the total number of hours worked out in 2010.
- Hit the most miles run since July 2011 (i.e. pre-pregnancy)
- Win NaNoWriMo
- Get the room switch done (the Bean is moving to the bigger room, so I’m painting, cleaning carpets, and moving furniture this month)
- Catch up with my red-letter work task list
- Hit my pre-pregnancy weight (1.5 lbs to go)
- PT exercises 5x/week
- Find a tennis partner
- Start a regular yoga practice again
- Locate a regular baby-sitter (since mine ran off to go to college. lame)
- Spend 5 minutes/day being grateful
Today – I am grateful that I am comfortably wearing pre-pregnancy jeans AND a pre-pregnancy belt-size.
Every day, I am grateful for this: