Something weird is happening…
For years I was so obsessed with my monthly goals that I would track them with spreadsheets (shut up!), and write my goal blog posts a few days ahead of time to see how I was doing and then schedule the publication date for the 1st of the month. Then, in April, I did not publish any goals at all.
I did do May goals – even on the first of the month, but totally forgot about them until just now when I was looking in my archives to see if I’d blogged about something else. So – here are my May goals and some June goals, too!
May 2013 Goals
- Write every day. I’ve been doing pretty well on 750words.com, but did not manage to write every day in April. This month, I will do eet! – SUCCESS! I totally wrote every day in May, and so far every day in June. Sometimes I only wrote nonsense, but I have an unbroken 37 day streak (38, once I write today).
- Get the garden in – SUCCESS! Everything that is going to be planted is in the ground. Truthfully, that didn’t happen until June 2, but it’s done now, biscuits!
- PT exercises on the knee 4x/week – FAIL! I did dig out the PT exercise guide from last time I needed it, but that’s as far as I got.
- Great trail run w/ my niece on our trip to Hotlanta – SUCCESS! It wasn’t trails, but it was a great run and an amazing time.
- Cross off three more projects off my big ol’ work project list (Serv Fac, X-Drive Architecture, Presentation) – 30% SUCCESS! I completed the 1st project (yesterday, but whatevs, it’s done); I just need time to do the other two, and that’s something that’s been lacking
- Bike rides w/ the Bean. Often. – FAIL! Not a single bike ride in May. Booo!
- Book my hotel in the Big Apple for my August trip (the DC part is already booked) – FAIL! I am waffling on where to stay. Not on the trip itself, though.
- End the habit of negative self-talk – ehhhh… Would it be weird to say I really sucked at this? Probably. This is a process.
- Finally replace my driver’s license (which is my outstanding item from when all my things were stolen in February. Yes – over two months ago.) – SUCCESS! I have a new license! Yay!
- Bring my lunch to work every day, starting tomorrow. – 50% SUCCESS! I did pretty good with this for the first half of the month, and then started falling off the lunch bringing wagon the second half. I did make a lunch to bring every day this week, and even managed to bring it to work 3/4 of the time!
June 2013 Goals
- Go to the Zoo with the Bean!
- Write every day on 750words.com
- Keep up with the wheat-free eating (this is in solidarity with the Bean; a detailed post on this Monday)
- Finish the front landscaping
- Finalize all DC/NYC travel plans
- Buy a bigger tent for our road trip/camping adventure!
- Have my 2013 workout hours pass my total 2012 workout hours! (That’s right, in the first 6 months of 2013, I will have worked out more than the entirety of last year; I should pass 2011 sometime in late July, and maybe even exceed 2010. Passing 2009 will require some serious work[ing out], but it is doable.)
- Slowly, oh so slowly, start running again.
- Lose the all or nothing attitude.
- NOT sign up for any races (I have a problem)