February 2012 Goals
Can you believe that today is the last day of January? 2012 is already 1/12 over! This month was not the way I typically like to start the year, and I think you’ll see that the number of stressors in my life negatively impacted my goal achieving for the month. I am okay with that, because if I weren’t okay with that, then I would be more stressed out, and that helps no one.
So – what was I going to do this month?
January 2012 Goals
- Find a daycare for Alvie Bean starting in July! – FAIL! But I really do need to get on this ASAP. July is only 5 months away, and I don’t think the cats are going to be adequate caregivers. We’re on a waiting list, but the earliest that would start would be September.
- Purchase and install shelves/storage for Alvie Bean’s room. – FAIL! Dammit. But – we got a carseat! And baby laundry detergent. As soon as I have a place to keep the clothes, I will be washing and folding and storing.
- Clean out the office and make it more office-y, and less “place where junk goes to die” – FAIL! This is going to have to wait until I’m done w/ school, but since that’s nearly here…
- Minimize work/school stress through the gratuitous use of meditation (oops – typed medication the first time; not the same thing), yoga, and other exercise. – FAIL!
January 2012 Training Goals
- Fifteen hours of exercise-related activity. – FAIL! I got about 11.5 hours, which all things considered is okay, I guess. Between the pelvic pain and the additional stress in my life, I’m just pleased that I didn’t quit EVERYTHING 3 weeks ago!
- A minimum of five yoga classes – SUCCESS! Finally – something I actually did! I logged 5 yoga classes & 1 home practice. Yay!
- Average one swim/week – FAIL! I only swam twice in January. BUT – my last swim was so awesome, and I’m swimming again tomorrow. So, yay?
- Average one bike/week – FAIL! I am finding it very difficult to bike at all anymore, so didn’t log any bike time this month. My knees hit my belly. I need to go back to the fitness center and use the recumbent bike again – that seems a little better.
- One walk with the architect every weekend – FAIL! See aforementioned pelvic injury.
Well – that doesn’t look good, does it?
BUT – I did have some successes that I need to mention.
- I got through my big, stressful work project, sanity intact
- I survived the month, sanity intact
- Ummm…my sanity is still intact?
Honestly – January was not good to me. Between the giant, enormously stressful work project, finishing up grad school, my dad’s cancer diagnosis, the tree falling on the architect’s truck, and oh, yeah – last Saturday night our furnace stopped working (so happy we don’t live in a SUPER cold place), this was a rough month. Add to that being fairly pregnant, and you have a recipe for crazy, I think.
It’s hard for me to gauge how well I handled all this, as I’m not sure how well I should be handling it all. Sometimes I think I’m okay, and sometimes I think that I could really be doing much better. I have decided that since I still feel fairly sane, that maybe I’m either (a) handling it okay, or (b) repressing and on my way to a huge breakdown at some unknown point in the future. Could go either way, I suppose.
ANYWAY – onward and upward…if my February goals look familiar, that’s because they are.
February 2012 Goals
- Finish grad school! YAY!
- Find a daycare for Alvie Bean starting in July!
- Purchase and install shelves/storage for Alvie Bean’s room.
- Clean out the office and make it more office-y, and less “place where junk goes to die”
- Finalize baby prep lists
February 2012 Training Goals
- Fifteen hours of exercise-related activity (total tallied below: 15.5 hours)
- Six yoga classes, minimum (estimated time: 7.5 hours)
- Five swims, minimum (estimated time: 3.75 hours)
- Two 15-minute upper body weights sessions/week (estimated time: 2.25 hours)
- Four visits to the fitness center for 30 minutes of cardio (estimated time: 2 hours)
I know that the key for me is exercise, and I don’t think this is overly ambitious. However, I do reserve the right to listen to my body and step back if necessary. It’s going to be a busy month. I am 31 weeks pregnant & will end February at 35.5 weeks pregnant. I have no idea what I’ll be able to do by then. I’m hoping that I can continue to move – at least a little – because I know that will make everything go easier.
So (don’t feel compelled to look at this; it’s my own personal crazy) my training plan for February 2012: Feb 2012 Plan
Happy end of the month!