Wait, what weekend?

You guys! I am so tired. As I mentioned last week, working five days in a row is a big adjustment; especially since it’s not like I’ve been sitting at home eating bon bons on those previous Fridays.

In addition to working almost full time, I am also a graduate student, and a runner, and a volunteer, and a gardener, and a wife. So, my math looks like this:

4 days of work + 5 days of work = 4.5 days of work

That does not compute, right?

The other equation:

(graduate work + volunteering + running + yoga + regular housework + architect time) – 1 day = (graduate work + volunteering + running + yoga + regular housework + architect time)

Also some odd computations.

And I apologize for the formulas – I have been living in spreadsheet city for the last two weeks. I think by the end of this week, the budget will be mostly done, and then I can go ahead and get crazy with the rest of my work.

I also feel good about the progress I’m making in my Research Methods class, and am excited to do my capstone project (which is a literature review/annotated bibliography; the capstone section of the program lasts 14 weeks).

My future plans are all over the place lately; yesterday I was picking out PhD programs, today I’m feeling like sticking with the current career (it’s amazing what a little praise will do for my morale at work).


I spent Saturday (seriously – all day: I left home at 6:45 am & got home about 6:30 pm) at the Toastmasters District 7 Communication Conference. It was so good! I was a room host for one of the speakers, which means I volunteered to stand up in a room of 40+ people and introduce the speaker and then do the closing at the end.

I talked to strangers!

I networked!

And it was good. (I also won a raffle prize, which was kind of awesome.)

It definitely solidified my desire to keep on Toasting, and I now have plans to enter a speech contest. I know, right? Can you even believe that I am the same person I was a year ago?


Yesterday was a day of rest and homework. I was supposed to run a 10K. I told myself that if I woke up naturally in time to go to said 10K, I would do so. I knew the possibility of that happening was approximately 0. I slept until 9:30, and didn’t even get out of bed until close to 11. And lo, it was good. After five long days of work + a long day of conferencing, I was exhausted.

The rest of the day was homework and more homework. I am a party animal!


And now, it’s Monday again. At least this is a 4-day week (even if my Friday is already full). My big goal for this week is to actually exercise more than one day! (I dream big, people!)

Follow me on social!