So – here it is. Monday already. The day before Tuesday. The day before surgery. I know that you have all been dying to know if I finished all eleventy-million of the items on my to-do list over the weekend. So – quick update.
- Write a 3 page paper (Thursday)
- Write a 1 page paper (Thursday)
- Get a massage/chiro adjustment (Friday)
- Brew Review (Friday)
- Pick all the green tomatoes & ripe tomatillos (Friday)
- Halloween costume shopping (Saturday)
- Halloween decoration shopping (Saturday)
- 10K route mapping (Saturday)
- Can green tomato/tomatillo salsa (Saturday) – not enough to can!
- 10K (Sunday) – oh, yeah, bitches….finished my slowest 10K ever (approx 1:16, beating my previous PW of 1:13:xx). Had some great co-runners, most of whom don’t even blog (the nerve!).
Check out the awesomeness that is the finisher certificates the Ambitious One made for us!
11. BRUNCH! (Sunday) – this was so fantastically awesome. The kick-ass neighbors hosted the 10K runners and served up posole, chilaquiles, arroz con leche & bloody marys. Best farewell party (for Damian) ever.
12. Clean house (Sunday)
13. Pull out all tomato/tomatillo plants; plant cover crop (Sunday) –The architect decided that he would continue to monitor the tomato situation & plant cover crops later this month, so they are still there!
14. Write 2 page paper (Sunday/Monday)
15. Get groceries (Sunday)
16. Get downstairs set up for my sojourn on the sofa (Sunday/Monday)
I have been having stupid surgery nightmares for the last few days. Nothing normal, like they accidentally amputate or do the wrong foot or something. No – things like the architect being mad because I forgot to get him Fresca at the market, so he makes me walk to & from the market without my crutches.
Also – I work in a hospital, and there are posters about advertising interesting guest speakers & topics, etc. Lately, every single poster I’ve seen has been about surgical fires. So, last night I dreamed that the surgical team lit me on fire, and then roasted s’mores over my foot. NOT COOL, people.
ANYWAYS – my surgery is scheduled at noon tomorrow, with a check-in time at 10 AM. I will get to sleep in a bit, watch the architect have his morning coffee AND breakfast. *sigh*
I will let you all know if I don’t die tomorrow!
And, in advance, thank you to my volunteer Amy-sitters and dinner preparers. I have the best friends ever!
1.10Follow me on social!